FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Eleven mile open for boating.  (Read 28160 times)

IceOsprey

Eleven mile open for boating.
« on: Apr 14, 2015, 10:06 PM »
Ok open to boating! I need to settle down. The water temp is still low so the action will most likely be slow but I am ok with that. Anyone else ready to launch their vessel into the mile's frigid waters?

IFF

Re: Eleven mile open for boating.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2015, 10:05 AM »
I hate trout, if going anywhere it will be Pueblo.
*¿*  Bud

IceOsprey

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2015, 07:23 PM »
I hate trout, if going anywhere it will be Pueblo.
Thank goodness not everyone shares my affinity for trout fishing or god forbid the mile might look like pueblo. Boats racing everywhere fights at the boat ramp all that you can have.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2015, 08:15 AM »
I boat 11-mile a bunch.  Mid-may is the earliest I have ever boated it.  Too cold out there.  July-August is best for size and numbers anyway.   

IceOsprey

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2015, 06:41 PM »
Today was a nice day to get the boat out and learn the downriggers. Water temp was 44 deg and light wind. No luck but marked loads of fish. Got one bite on power bait at anchor. All in all it was a good first outing of the season to check all the systems on the boat.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2015, 12:26 PM »
Today was a nice day to get the boat out and learn the downriggers. Water temp was 44 deg and light wind. No luck but marked loads of fish. Got one bite on power bait at anchor. All in all it was a good first outing of the season to check all the systems on the boat.

Skunked at the Mile? :D

IceOsprey

« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2015, 07:05 PM »
Skunked at the Mile? :D

Skunked? Yes! Not my first time and certainly not my last. ;) The report says that I left the lake one hour too early missed the two o'clock stampeded of monster fish.

IceOsprey

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 07:39 PM »
No skunk today! Caught a ton of dinks and one 3LB. Rainbow for the dinner table.  ;D Nice day out no wind sunny didn't start fishing till 8:30 and finished at noon. My four year old had fun too.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 08:44 AM »
Heck yeah!

IceOsprey

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 07:35 PM »
Eight dinks today, great wind, good waves/swells too much to manage trolling so we hid behind an island anchored up and tossed bait. Didn't get skunked and got to practice our seamanship.

IceOsprey

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 08:00 PM »
Status report. Calm day, scattered clouds, chilly morning, warming in the afternoon, good bite from 9:30-11:00. Bite calmed down, then two 3lb ers around three. Just shy of three limits from 8:45 till 2:30. Nice day out and an even nicer dinner tomorrow. Needle fish were definitely on the menu. Somebody's smoker is going to be working tomorrow.

P. S. Does anybody post on this site it seems like it's filled with only lurkers. I mean look at the crickets post I put up, over a hundred views one responce. It is a joke about how empty this site feels some times.

IceOsprey

« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2015, 10:47 PM »
Update: Three limits from 8:30 till 11:30 no bites till 9:45. Nothing of note but the smoker will be working after the brine is done. Three two pounders and the rest were small. Needlefish down ten feet.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #12 on: Jun 08, 2015, 07:59 PM »
Cool. There's biggerones there somewhere.

IceOsprey

« Reply #13 on: Jun 15, 2015, 08:55 PM »
Report : no fishing this weekend. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

IceOsprey

« Reply #14 on: Jun 21, 2015, 05:16 PM »
Friday fishing report: You all know last week I did not go fishing, in my experience if I miss a week of fishing I always do worse the next time I go. I took a friend from work and his eleven year old daughter it was her first time fishing. We ended up with two fish. Lost two lures one fish got snagged on the boat and broke off another I grabbed the line to haul it in and it shook the hook. Trolling was slow but I did not use pop gear. We ended up tossing P.B. At anchor and caught the two.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.