FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513115 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1755 on: Nov 04, 2017, 03:18 PM »
Don't know SM...
 Just picked the rest of my sweet peppers for chicken fihetas for dinner...
Will post pictures once post image is fixed.   
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1756 on: Nov 05, 2017, 04:50 AM »
Some grocery store garlic is treated with a chemical to keep it from sprouting. Buy the organic stuff at Wegmans or hit one of the farm markets out your way. There's some good ones out 104 towards Murray.

Did a bunch of cleanup yesterday. Mulched the garlic bed and strawberries. Picked up most of the leaves. Couldn't do much in the back yard. Too d**n wet...and.....it's raining.

But we had a nice campfire last night. My son joined us and brought his home made chocolate chip cookies. Went very well with bourbon and a big warm fire.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #1757 on: Nov 05, 2017, 06:11 AM »
thanx guys.....getting a little late....frost coming, but I have to try. got a 4' x 4' bed primarily for garlic prepped.

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1758 on: Nov 05, 2017, 08:45 AM »
Sounds like a fun evening Bob. Was it to cloudy to see the Beaver Moon ?
Was here..

The last of my sweet peppers...

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

wallyworld

« Reply #1759 on: Nov 05, 2017, 11:48 AM »
What time's dinner ??  I'll bring dessert  ;D

tomturkey

« Reply #1760 on: Nov 05, 2017, 12:03 PM »
Sounds like a fun evening Bob. Was it to cloudy to see the Beaver Moon ?
Was here..
The bow hunters in MI posted some pictures of the beaver moon rise the other day. It looked more like sun rise. I am glad to see the beaver moon will not be around for the MI firearms season opener on the 15th

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1761 on: Nov 05, 2017, 01:48 PM »
We could see the full moon pretty well. Some clouds around. Still a very nice night.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1762 on: Nov 13, 2017, 03:31 AM »
Managed to get most of the leaves picked up yesterday. The property that backs up to ours has 2 big butternut trees. They have big leaves and all fall at the first hard frost. If I can't get to them they kill e grass over the winter. It just gets smothered.

Still have plants to remove/ cut down. I got really cold mowing so I headed for the pot of stew on the stove. My Son came over and we spent the afternoon spinning some stuff on the lathe.

Looks like snow next weekend, is I'll have to finish up the outdoor stuff this week.

Rg

tomturkey

« Reply #1763 on: Nov 13, 2017, 05:17 AM »
I managed to get most of the back yard blown yesterday. I had to wait until the snow melted before I could start. They got blown back to where they came from, the neighboring vacant lots. I have no trees in my back yard. The front yard will have to wait until I get back from a few days of deer hunting.

I dug up some lilies at the other place the last time over. I need to get them planted over here before the ground freezes.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1764 on: Nov 13, 2017, 03:56 PM »
Not tiger lilies I hope. I've been working for three years to eradicate them from my garden area. They were growing wild behind my garage where I decided to build my raised beds.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1765 on: Nov 13, 2017, 04:39 PM »
My yard work was moving snow... :P

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1766 on: Nov 13, 2017, 05:17 PM »
My Bride says "better him than us". I really can't argue with that too much.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1767 on: Nov 14, 2017, 11:55 AM »
Today..... :P

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1768 on: Nov 14, 2017, 11:56 AM »
Today..... :P

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1769 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:11 PM »
It's good you've limed your beds, Dom.    :P
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.