FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: favorite camp grounds in NW In. southern Michigan , SE Wis. or NW Il.  (Read 2935 times)

abishop

Looking for a place to camp, not to far from home. Need electric and water and a lake for the dog to swim. Just getting back into camping and need a nice place close. Any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

northrn-duck-assassin

Lake waveland.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

dsqui

as a kid i remember going to camp potawatami just north of coldwater mi.  really nice park undeveloped 3 lake chain nice river hiking trails and beach and really nice park for the kids.  very very family oriented

wallin

Looking for a place to camp, not to far from home. Need electric and water and a lake for the dog to swim. Just getting back into camping and need a nice place close. Any suggestions welcome and appreciated.
Tent or camper Al?
What no Bass Lake Camp ground for you?
Wallin

abishop

Camper, no boat. Fishing has been DEAD 4 me this year.

Edge

Not exactly close, but I really enjoyed Interlochen SP in MI.  Stayed there for the first time this summer, and plan on making it an annual trip.  Caught a few nice smallies, really nice lake/SP. 

A nice little place close to home would be the Trading Post in Mongo IMO.

abishop

Not exactly close, but I really enjoyed Interlochen SP in MI.  Stayed there for the first time this summer, and plan on making it an annual trip.  Caught a few nice smallies, really nice lake/SP. 

A nice little place close to home would be the Trading Post in Mongo IMO.
Where is Mongo? Next to Flash Gordon??? Just kidding also, what does SP stand for and where is it close to???

boondox

Where is Mongo? Next to Flash Gordon??? Just kidding also, what does SP stand for and where is it close to???

pm sent...

fishcrazy

Stay at Potato Creek state park. Rent a john boat and trolling motor or shore fish to your hearts content.  Nicest park in our area only 1hr 20mn from Highland

boondox

problem with the Michigan state parks is there is a lot of crime in the south west  part of the state.. not all the camp ground are bad.... heck in the early 80's use to love fishing and swimming at warren dunes it beautiful there white sugar sand dunes etc etc not far away from a few major cities I think that is the problem. it was just starting to get a little higher in crime when we stopped going there around 1985  a lot of Mexicans from the Hines plants and other undesirables rift raft if you will from bad neighbor hoods from like Benton harbor kalamazoo .. but if looking for a good place to camp maybe hit a river from shore Ludington  and the Pere Marquette. or orchard beach camp ground and Manistee or little Manistee rivers.. the beach that orchard beach is one is right on lake Michigan but it probably 3-4 hours further then you really want to go... any how if there are any low crime state park else ware that are closer I wish I knew of them..  wish that the crime would disappear down by warren dunes. cause it is nice down there .. but like they say you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see what gets filled first...lol's   

abishop

Need to find a clean lake that doesn't have a blue algae bloom going on now. I really need a clean lake that the dog can swim without getting sick.

dsqui

Potawatomi Recreation Area  
Campground
Address: 1117 Bell Rd, Union City, MI 49094
Phone:(517) 278-4289

http://www.michigan.org/property/potawatomi-recreation-area/

ild check this place out its beautiful

Edge

Mongo is just west of Pigeon River FWA on HWY 3.  The campground/livery is on the river.

SP=State Park.  Interlochen is north of Cadillac. 

abishop

Mongo is just west of Pigeon River FWA on HWY 3.  The campground/livery is on the river.

SP=State Park.  Interlochen is north of Cadillac. 
TY, but, definitely 2 far to travel just for a 3 day weekend.

boondox

there are two other but I do not know how they are lake Hudson and Hayes state parks... they got camping at those parks to and lakes  buddy of mine camped at sterling state park that's just south of Detroit was not that bad he said  the two I just mentioned are just north of ohio  and right by Dundee and cabelas... lol's which is not that bad of area I don't think...cabelas is a tad east of those sp's it all farm land to the west of cabelas and around cabelas...   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.