FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 14671 times)

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2017, 09:04 PM »
Heading up this Saturday for a couple of days. I was thinking of running lead core for lakers. Any suggestions of how many colors and lure/plug suggestions.
Thank you in advance.

touge30

« Reply #46 on: Jun 26, 2017, 08:44 PM »
anybody been out lately.pretty quiet

LooseEye90

« Reply #47 on: Jun 26, 2017, 09:14 PM »
It's getting busy up there, I think unless you can go during the week be prepared for boating madness. From what I can see the charter guys still reporting decent catches. A buddy was out last week, got into a few lakers on small rapalas trolling the usual spots.

touge30

« Reply #48 on: Jun 26, 2017, 10:04 PM »
Hey thanks for the reply,gonna try it this week dont know what day yet.

LooseEye90

« Reply #49 on: Jun 27, 2017, 08:40 AM »
Good luck! I had a great early season there.  I really need to get back out myself but with all this rain the yardwork is never ending.

Neil McCauley

« Reply #50 on: Apr 01, 2018, 10:06 PM »
Bump.

Smelt run when?  8)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #51 on: Apr 02, 2018, 04:46 PM »
https://www.lakegeorge.com/whatsnew/2017/03/new-smelt-fishing-regulations-lake-george/

You are now allowed to fish for smelt on Lake George with a hook and line only (no dip-netting) during the open season. Smelt season is open from May 16 until March 31. During the season, each licensed fisher is allowed a limit of 25 smelt per day. Once the smelt are caught and are in your possession, you’ll also be allowed to use the small fish to bait bigger fish, namely northern pike and lake trout.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Neil McCauley

« Reply #52 on: Apr 22, 2018, 01:39 PM »
Fished NW Bay today, trolled a couple lakers. Water is still only 35-37*F. Great day to be out !

ART

« Reply #53 on: Apr 23, 2018, 10:02 AM »
when and where can you dip for smelt

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #54 on: Apr 23, 2018, 06:00 PM »
when and where can you dip for smelt

Any small stream or inlet into the lake should be packed with smelts to dip this week after dark is best and a dip net with an extra long handle works well...    :o
   https://www.lakegeorge.com/whatsnew/2017/03/new-smelt-fishing-regulations-lake-george/

You are now allowed to fish for smelt on Lake George with a hook and line only (no dip-netting) during the open season. Smelt season is open from May 16 until March 31. During the season, each licensed fisher is allowed a limit of 25 smelt per day. Once the smelt are caught and are in your possession, you’ll also be allowed to use the small fish to bait bigger fish, namely northern pike and lake trout. 

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.