FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Shafer /oak Dale and Norway dam  (Read 1647 times)

Spooled85

Lake Shafer /oak Dale and Norway dam
« on: May 30, 2017, 09:01 AM »
Yesterday​ after noon I decided to give Norway a try . Never Ben there before . I fished a couple hundred yards below the dam. I found a water break , ended up catching one nice crappie , three gils one small striper and numerous drum .... anyone on here fish these and what are you opinion, on catfish or some eyes . And how is the lake for fishing I know I seen alot of pleasure boaters on the water yesterday .

kfishdoctor

Re: Lake Shafer /oak Dale and Norway dam
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2017, 06:03 PM »
Ive been going to try there for the last 6 weeks and finally today I had off from work. Had to walk 6 blocks to pick up my canoe and my hip started to lock up. It took me an hour. Old age and falling off a ladder equal a bad hip.(warning number 1) Only took 2 life vests instead of 3(warning number 2) Northeast wind(warning number 3) New front moved in (warning number 4) Put canoe in river downstream from the dam and got the poles out and noticed we were taking on water. Canoe is a Old Town Sportsman and is made of some kind of plastic thats more like a flexable hard rubber/plastic material. No way it could crack but it had a small one in the floor. Its just how some days were ment to go. Im just happy we didnt sink. Grandsons and I had a good laugh when Tony said all we needed was a water letter outer. As you guessed we are stoge fans. Talked to a couple of guys that said white bass and crappie have not been good but the cats are bighting big time. Now on to fix this problem and try again!

Spooled85

« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2017, 06:26 PM »
Ive been going to try there for the last 6 weeks and finally today I had off from work. Had to walk 6 blocks to pick up my canoe and my hip started to lock up. It took me an hour. Old age and falling off a ladder equal a bad hip.(warning number 1) Only took 2 life vests instead of 3(warning number 2) Northeast wind(warning number 3) New front moved in (warning number 4) Put canoe in river downstream from the dam and got the poles out and noticed we were taking on water. Canoe is a Old Town Sportsman and is made of some kind of plastic thats more like a flexable hard rubber/plastic material. No way it could crack but it had a small one in the floor. Its just how some days were ment to go. Im just happy we didnt sink. Grandsons and I had a good laugh when Tony said all we needed was a water letter outer. As you guessed we are stoge fans. Talked to a couple of guys that said white bass and crappie have not been good but the cats are bighting big time. Now on to fix this problem and try again!

Well sorry for your bad luck today ! Sometimes if it weren't for bad luck we wouldn't have none at all. Good to hear everyone made it back safe . I've had plenty of day like these more than I'd like to say but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess ! Good to hear the cats are biting . I'm gonna have to dedicate and evening to go down there and fish for catfish. I do know there is alot of snags from my experience of my first visit so we will see how bottom fishing goes. ..... Better luck to you next time and thank you for the report

indianahooker

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2017, 07:16 PM »
good fishing below both dams.  spring eye run is great.  oakdale is better fishing, imo.  slip jigs or bait along bottom in the current.

Spooled85

« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2017, 07:38 PM »
good fishing below both dams.  spring eye run is great.  oakdale is better fishing, imo.  slip jigs or bait along bottom in the current.

Appreciate the info thank you

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.