FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WILLOW SLOUGH  (Read 3912 times)

abishop

WILLOW SLOUGH
« on: Jun 10, 2017, 03:55 PM »
YESTERDAY WAS THE BEST DAY I HAVE HAD THERE IN MANY YEARS. NOT SURE IF IT WAS THE FULL MOON, SOUTH WEST WINDS, PARTLY CLOUDY, BUT I FINALLY LOCATED A BED. IT ONLY TOOK ME 5 TIMES PREVIOUSLY SEARCHING BEFORE FINDING ONE, BUT PERCERVERIENCE FINALLY PAID OFF. BET WE CAUGHT CLOSE TO 100 FISH. DIDNT KEEP ANYTHING UNDER 8. LARGEST WAS 10 3/4, WITH A HANDFUL OF OTHERS OVER 10 INCH MARK. WATER TEMP AT 5 AM WAS 68 AND WHEN WE LEFT AT 3 PM IT WAS 70. THE WEEDS ARE GETTING REALLY TOUGH. IF YOU FIND A AREA WHERE THERE ARE WEEDS WITH A CLEAR OPENING CLOSE BY CHANCES ARE THERE IS A BED THERE. CAUGHT MY FIRST AND SECOND BASS THERE THIS YEAR YESTERDAY. FIRST 1 WAS ALMOST 18 INCHES AND THE OTHER ONLY 12. GREAT DAY TO B OUT. CANT WAIT TILL NEXT TIME NOW THAT I KNOW WHERE TO START.

wallin

Re: WILLOW SLOUGH
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2017, 09:45 PM »
Congrats Al.
Wallin

den58

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2017, 01:10 PM »
Nice Al glad you were able to find them

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2017, 06:04 PM »
I am off tomorrow so I am planning on getting out at day break and hope to get on some fish before it gets too hot. I have been trying to call the bait shop across from the entrance at the slough. Every time it is busy. Anyone know what time he opens on Mondays?????

goathead

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2017, 06:26 AM »
That's awesome, as windy as it always seems to be there , even when its calm everywhere else, has kept me away this year. Is it me or does it seem like everyday the winds are like 25-30 mph this spring. here I am finally retired and I'm always checking the weather and it's always windy!!  :'( ???

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2017, 08:19 AM »
Good show Al.
Persistance pays off.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Daybreak

« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2017, 09:09 AM »
That's awesome, as windy as it always seems to be there , even when its calm everywhere else, has kept me away this year. Is it me or does it seem like everyday the winds are like 25-30 mph this spring. here I am finally retired and I'm always checking the weather and it's always windy!!  :'( ???
I agree with you on the wind this spring.  I have been out some, but there have been several times I would have gone, except for the "15 mph winds, gusting to 20-25".  I will stay home rather then fight the aggravation.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2017, 01:11 PM »
Don't know where they went. Kept only 12. Guess it is time for perch. Heard they are starting to get some in 20-25 f.o.w.

Spooled85

« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 2017, 01:23 PM »
Don't know where they went. Kept only 12. Guess it is time for perch. Heard they are starting to get some in 20-25 f.o.w.

Still a nice catch for the slough !

abishop

« Reply #9 on: Jun 14, 2017, 03:12 PM »
FYI, IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON STOPING IN FOR YOUR WORMS. YOU BETTER PLAN ON GETTING SOME ELSEWHERE. I WAS THERE THE OTHER DAY AND THE LAD OPERATING THE BAIT STORE SAID HE HAD 4 GUYS IN SAT AND ONLY 3 IN ON SUNDAY. ONE OF HIS CUSTOMERS BOUGHT ALL THE WORMS  (RED, WIGGLERS, AND CRAWLERS) CAUSE A BAIT STORE FROM WHERE HE WAS FROM WAS ALL SOLD OUT. HE SOLD THIS 1 GUY 35 PACKS OF WORMS. GOOD BUSINESS, NOT SURE, NOW, WHEN ONE OF FOUR PEOPLE COME IN TO BUY BAIT, HE JUST MAY NOT HAVE ANY. BE AWARE.... HE DID HAVE PLENTY OF MINNOWS, BEESMOUTH, AND CRICKETS.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2017, 06:11 AM »
Berts bait across street from the slough is going to be closing doors. Just a heads up for those that continue to fish and battle the weeds for the summer.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #11 on: Jun 18, 2017, 06:59 AM »
Berts bait across street from the slough is going to be closing doors. Just a heads up for those that continue to fish and battle the weeds for the summer.
It is hard to stay open with only a few customers a day especially on the weekends.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #12 on: Jun 19, 2017, 09:22 PM »
It is hard to stay open with only a few customers a day especially on the weekends.
[/quotits hard to stay open with only a few customers a day....

Its hard to have more than a few customers a day, when your constantly out of bait... or dont hardly have any tackle and gear selectiob.... or when you have some really rediculous business hours.

Not gonna lie, and not trying to be harsh, but back in february, i was on the lake fishing with a buddy... and i told him that the bait shop wasnt going to stay open very long and become successful.

Its a shame, id prefer the smaller bait shops and all, i do my best to shop from them first. But you got to have the stuff folks need, gotta have bait. And gotta have hours of operation during or near prime fishing hours.

Cheifs was open 7-3, and berts ran some really strange always changing hours.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #13 on: Jul 08, 2017, 07:13 AM »
Anyone been lately??? Heading down Sunday morning. Full moon, light west winds, and cloudy, sounds  like all things are in order. Hope 2 find a few. Anyone else planning on going?

abishop

« Reply #14 on: Jul 08, 2017, 09:47 PM »
ANYONE???????

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.