FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big lake  (Read 1757 times)

Spooled85

Big lake
« on: Jul 02, 2017, 11:30 AM »
Ended up getting out on lake Michigan yesterday. Went out of Michigan city water water perfect . We trolled Michigan waters strait out from cooling tower, set up in 75 fow and ended up in the 130's . . Fishing got better the deeper we went . Had a mixed bad of coho's and Laker's. Coho were very nice some pushing close to 6 lbs .down riggers from 38 ft to 90 ft seemed to be the ticket. Doggers and flys and river sides . My son caught one double 128 fow 38 down on a rigger and took a lake on slider and a nice coho on the base ! It was a great day !! My fiance finally got her fix of trolling the big lake too. We ended up 8 for 18 alot of release's with no fish to show and alot of shakers .  All and all awsome day !!

rivereddy

Re: Big lake
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2017, 01:30 PM »
Got a 27 inch steelie off of the Michigan City pier yesterday.  Piece of shrimp for bait. rigged like I'm fishing for a 20 pound bluegill.  Of note, egg sacs were
not developed at all... about the size of a Wendy's French fry.

fish on,

Rivereddy

Spooled85

« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2017, 08:10 PM »
Nice I prolly seen ya out there . Seen a few fishing off the peir

Boomer

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2017, 02:33 PM »
Was out from 3:00am today until about 8:15am. Saw one steelie caught; one lost and that about it. Will be back at it tomorrow morning.

Spooled85

« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2017, 02:35 PM »
Was out from 3:00am today until about 8:15am. Saw one steelie caught; one lost and that about it. Will be back at it tomorrow morning.

Yep I remember those days ! Or early mornings how ever you wanna look at it . What are you using for bait Boomer ?

Boomer

« Reply #5 on: Jul 05, 2017, 10:33 PM »
Been using the standard cooked shrimp. Also, tried shrimp with crawler and crawler alone. Also tossed a spoon while waiting for the bobber to drift away.  Two days of fishing and not much to show but there is always another sunrise to see.

Spooled85

« Reply #6 on: Jul 06, 2017, 06:36 AM »
Been using the standard cooked shrimp. Also, tried shrimp with crawler and crawler alone. Also tossed a spoon while waiting for the bobber to drift away.  Two days of fishing and not much to show but there is always another sunrise to see.

Try squid

Spooled85

« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Also I used to used shrimp in garlic powder

MC_angler

« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2017, 03:14 PM »
Harbor fishing has really slowed down because they are all shooting up the creek. When the surface temp of the lake (low 70s right now) is higher than the creek (low to mid 60s right now) the fish get sucked into the creek.

Harbor fishing tends to be good when the lake is cooler than the creek water, they want to run but don't want to push into the warm creek water. So they'll stage at the mouth

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.