FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: White Bass?  (Read 2320 times)

Hood

White Bass?
« on: Jun 08, 2005, 08:43 AM »
Been catching quite a few of these buggers and was curious if anyone likes to eat them? Are they similar to craps or gills? just wondering cuz I am thinkin about tryin them.
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

wormwigglr

Re: White Bass?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2005, 09:21 AM »
they are good eatin! i use to get a few back home crappie fishing. i have to say they are pretty close to crappie.

TJ Bauer

• LIVE LIFE, FISH, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2005, 05:24 PM »
Ive eaten many of them I would say they maybe are closer tasting to a crappie then a bass but either way they are good eaten

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2005, 05:57 PM »
I have caught them all the time and never thought to eat them. guess i will have to try sometime.

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

Hood

« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2005, 06:02 PM »
yeah i goofed identifying them, i was catching white perch and hear they are not so great

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2005, 06:14 PM »
ive herad that white perch are really good to eat.
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Hood

« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2005, 06:28 PM »
ive herad that white perch are really good to eat.

hmm mixed reviews, only one way to settle that, im gonna have to fry a couple up

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2005, 08:23 PM »
When compared to Yellow Perch, Whities pale. They have mushier meat, and seem to have more parasites. Enjoy!

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #8 on: Jul 11, 2005, 09:59 PM »
White bass aren't as good of eating as perch, crappie, bluegills, or walleye, because the meat is mushier. However to get on school of them is like fishing for crappies on steroids. Best lures are white curly tail grubs, smaller rat l traps, and sometimes small poppers. Great fun and they really do help keep baitfish populations in check because they are so prolific. We have some good whitie lakes in Eastern CO. Fishing for them is fun because when your fishing whities, you can sometimes catch pike, walleyes, trout, crappies, even catfish. And of course watch out for pig wipers.

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 11, 2005, 10:33 PM »
there is this one lake in pa that when they start chasing it is so funny. the white bass are busting on shad but the birds are tryin to eat the white bass and then the white bass are tryin to eat the birds. this lake is where the state record came from. one time we were fishin a tourney and we were using tube and we would swim them over where the whites bass were busting and i caught a keeper largemouth bass for the tourney and had a bite off.

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.