FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: If you want to see Bald Eagles in Northern Indiana…  (Read 5216 times)

Spooled85

Re: If you want to see Bald Eagles in Northern Indiana…
« Reply #15 on: Sep 02, 2017, 12:10 AM »
Serial killer dumping ground near your house.  :blink:

Or does a taxidermist live near you? The one I'm talking about lives in Monroe, Indiana.

Lol nope no taxidermist near me . They will even sit around the neighbors pond . Prolly never figure out why they do this.

Spooled85

« Reply #16 on: Sep 03, 2017, 08:02 AM »
i hope they arent over your patio. lol  ::) have one of those land on your shoulder :sick:

Ya that wouldn't be good lol .

rivereddy

« Reply #17 on: Sep 03, 2017, 10:37 AM »
Sorry for the late response.  The Mississinewa only runs for a short distance from the dam to the Wabash, but in late winter, it honestly can rival
those pictures from Sitka Alaska.  On a short drive last Feb/March, we saw over 40 baldies on a half hour drive. Standing on the bridge downstream
from the coon hunter's club they looked like white Christmas tree ornaments on the sycamores. 

fish on,

rivereddy

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Sep 03, 2017, 02:28 PM »
On a short drive last Feb/March, we saw over 40 baldies on a half hour drive.

rivereddy

Why so many baldheaded fisherman?  ???    ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rivereddy

« Reply #19 on: Sep 03, 2017, 04:46 PM »
walleyes for bald guys..................

rivereddy

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Sep 03, 2017, 09:12 PM »
walleyes for bald guys..................

rivereddy

;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Sep 03, 2017, 09:17 PM »
I had a kingfisher over one of the two tilapia ponds today. No big deal as I have plenty of tilapia and the excess will die anyway once the water temp drops below 50. No worries about the nearby trout pond as they are too deep and too big for him. Water in the trout pond is also murky due to precipitated iron which makes it a smokey green so reduced visibility makes it tough for a diving bird.

The bird does make me laugh though. When it sees me he or she flies off and chatters up a storm. It would seem if I could translate it it would be some serious profanity.  ;D

bigr

« Reply #22 on: Sep 05, 2017, 04:20 AM »
I'll keep everyone informed. The number you can see is sometimes amazing. Draws hundreds of people into area for photographing.

bherr24

« Reply #23 on: Sep 05, 2017, 12:29 PM »
BigR: I was talking to someone last week that said the Missi has a very large group in the fall/winter. Do you know of this? Could you keep us informed?

I see a ton of them along the Missy in the winter time. There have been days where i go fishing in february on down from the spillway and have eagles flying over me the entire time i fish.  You will see several of them.  I see a lot of people taking pictures of them in the winter  time on the bridge that crosses  over the river by the coonhunters club.  It's gotten so big that the DNR has to stop and help with traffic at that location.

taxid

« Reply #24 on: Sep 11, 2017, 08:53 AM »
Last night I was treated to a bald eagle swooping down on a fish that has surfaced like an A-10 on a strafing run. Pretty cool to see. Hope it was a carp but he did miss it.

This was on Oliver Lake in Lagrange County. Also saw an osprey.

Piggyn

« Reply #25 on: Sep 11, 2017, 08:55 PM »
One of the more fun things I've seen this year was an osprey repeatedly dive bombing a great blue heron as it chased it across the lake.  Every time the osprey closed in the heron veered off to the side and let out a huge squawk!
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

taxid

« Reply #26 on: Sep 12, 2017, 09:20 AM »
One of the more fun things I've seen this year was an osprey repeatedly dive bombing a great blue heron as it chased it across the lake.  Every time the osprey closed in the heron veered off to the side and let out a huge squawk!

Hmmm… maybe I should start hatching osprey eggs along with the trout eggs.  ;D

I tried everything to keep them out of the ponds (The Great Blue Herons). Finally had to cough up $100.00 and get a federal and state permit to take out a couple. Hated to do it but… Fortunately they are very common.

I read somewhere the Bald Eagles will actually attack and kill Great Blue Herons.

Piggyn

« Reply #27 on: Sep 12, 2017, 08:13 PM »
This is a pretty cool video... saw it on TV a while back.  Peregrine falcons are relatively small, but they can take out pelicans!

The Peregrine Falcon "a Living Missile"
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

taxid

« Reply #28 on: Sep 12, 2017, 08:48 PM »
I feel that way when I have an urge for a Big Mac!  ;D

taxid

« Reply #29 on: Sep 12, 2017, 08:51 PM »
Our national emblem is a thief! :cursing:  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfohermfGyU

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.