FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sullivan lake  (Read 1513 times)

Spooled85

Sullivan lake
« on: Aug 31, 2017, 05:18 PM »
Finally get some days off and get to fish after 2 months of no fishing !! :o .... So the family and I are going to Sullivan. Never been here before so I'm pretty excited about it ! Anyone have any pointers ? I'm taking the whole fishing Arsenal , and gonna try for cats , eyes and crappie . Boat and shore fishing ..... Will report how it's goes . Gonna camp Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday morning .....

slipbobber

Re: Sullivan lake
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2017, 08:09 PM »
Caught sauger on the east end I believe. Bunch of rocks on the shoreline there. Trolling nightcrawlers on  harnesses. Been along time since we were there believe the dam is there. Remember catching a lot of small crappies but never could find the big ones. Good luck and have fun,

Spooled85

« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2017, 10:12 AM »
Caught sauger on the east end I believe. Bunch of rocks on the shoreline there. Trolling nightcrawlers on  harnesses. Been along time since we were there believe the dam is there. Remember catching a lot of small crappies but never could find the big ones. Good luck and have fun,

Thank you ! Ya I seen someone caught a 8 pound something ounce saugeye out of there . On there website site there is a pic of it

Spooled85

« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2017, 05:36 PM »
Well we make it back home.  Saturday was a very tough day of fishing . We had two boats and tried alot of different tactics , with very little to show. Our catch Saturday was a few gills and a few crappie . Not even enough for a dinner . Sunday was different I started off throwing Beatle spins and that seemed to be the key!! We had a blast !! We caught large mouth crappie and gills . Gills we're decent and crappie had a 8 inch average with a few 10's . kept one bass ,but all and all ended up with a nice little mess . Did have a few crappie on that came off as there shoulders where coming up out of the water . All and all it was a great weekend with family and friends and made memories that's for sure !! Not sure if it was worth the three hour drive for me tho . Next time I think I will just hit mississinewa ....

slipbobber

« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2017, 07:55 PM »
Glad you caught  a nice mess for a good fish fry. I always liked shak a mak state park down that way. It has three lakes on it & strip pits outside the park. You better have good batteries and a trolling motor cause you can't use your gas motor on them. Any way glad ya got some.

Spooled85

« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2017, 04:40 AM »
Glad you caught  a nice mess for a good fish fry. I always liked shak a mak state park down that way. It has three lakes on it & strip pits outside the park. You better have good batteries and a trolling motor cause you can't use your gas motor on them. Any way glad ya got some.

Thank you . Ya the wife said she new of a place around there that the description fits what your saying.  But she couldn't remeber the name.  She says it was good fishing some years back . May have to give it a shot next year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.