FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: High of 89 today in northern Indiana September 21st.  (Read 2225 times)

taxid

Hard to believe October is just around the corner.

This could translate into a longer than normal hurricane season if this moves east and continues over the Atlantic.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

Re: High of 89 today in northern Indiana September 21st.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2017, 05:09 PM »
Al who?  ;D

Just making an observation that the Atlantic may stay warmer longer this year, which is not a good thing for those in hurricane alley.  As you know warm water is like gasoline to a fire when it comes to hurricanes.  I think before Texas got hit by Harvey the gulf water temps were pushing 90 F.  Maybe not abnormal but hopefully the gulf and and atlantic start cooling off soon. There's been enough misery.

I mowed the property yesterday. Kept asking myself why I didn't wear shorts!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rivereddy

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2017, 08:55 PM »
Yeah, a few days ago I took most of my summer clothes upstairs.  Took up shorts and short sleeve tees and brought down long sleeves and
jeans.  I had to make a reverse trip this morning.  The good news...... at least it now cools off in the evening. 

fish on,

rivereddy

tater140

« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2017, 07:11 AM »
Hopefully it doesn't last long and we can get right back to fall weather, and cooling down temps.  I'm ready for a change of pace

rivereddy

« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2017, 08:40 AM »
91 in Indy yesterday.  Same predicted for today and tomorrow.  92 for Sunday.  I'm raking fallen leaves in
shorts and a tee shirt.....

rivereddy

Daybreak

« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2017, 09:14 AM »
I think this is the hottest weather I have fished in years.  Decided to learn a little more about the St. Joe river above Twin Branch dam.  I have been fishing it for about 15 years, but only with limited success.  Got on the water at 11 am and fished till 4.  Trolled crankbaits to keep cool and ended up with 5 walleyes.  All came from the same area in 10-14 fow.  I tried several other places, but this stretch seem to be the only one with active fish.  1 keeper came home with me.  Should make a good sandwich this evening.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

Daybreak

« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2017, 11:32 AM »
Braved this heat again Saturday!  Met my brother at Mississinewa and fished for crappie this time.  Started at daylight and fished till 2.  Way to hot past 10, but the fish were biting slowly so we stuck with it.  Ended the day with around 30 caught.  Only kept 5 for dinner, but had several 10" fish that went back.  Learned some new areas on the reservoir.  Fish were caught on 1/16 jigs and spider rigging minnows any where from 8 to 18 fow.  Gonna stop fishing I think until the temps cool down, later this week.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

tater140

« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2017, 01:04 PM »
I caught some nice crappie at Salimonie this weekend while we were camping there.  I really didn't expect that to happen with all of the heat.  I will say the bite happened early am and ended soon after the sun was up.  With this heat early in the day seemed to be the time, late at night I didn't do so well.

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2017, 01:54 PM »
Well looks like today is the last day for the unseasonably warm heat wave. Kind of weird the cooler air will not usher in any rain though.

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Oct 05, 2017, 09:04 AM »
Well looks like mid to upper 70's by the end of this week again. Trout bite has shut off in a local lake probably due to declining oxygen levels in the thermocline. Hope they make it to turnover.

I see the trout and salmon bite in Michigan on the big lakes sucks too due to the unseasonably warm temps. Many kings and cohos still in summer mode on the big lakes! WTH?!

I need to to move 500 to 600 pounds of trout from a small 1/10th acre flow through pond to another much bigger pond on the property but can't do it until water temps drop into the 50's on the big pond. Should have been able to do it 2 weeks ago!  >:(

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Oct 07, 2017, 05:36 PM »
Got up to 81 F. here today with high winds and it's the end of the first week of October!

Spooled85

« Reply #11 on: Oct 08, 2017, 02:45 PM »
Got up to 81 F. here today with high winds and it's the end of the first week of October!
I feel like a buck in rut ! I get pumped up for the cool weather then bam !! 80 degrees

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.