FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: parking lots again  (Read 1408 times)

indianahooker

parking lots again
« on: Sep 24, 2017, 06:21 PM »
been back at it the last couple weeks.  hitting different lakes and species.  one of these trips was on a weekend. very crowded at the ramp, i almost went elsewhere.  i was waiting in line for my turn and watching the show.  there was this guy on the ramp and he couldnt get his winch to let go.  well instead of getting out of the way, he gets on the phone.  standing there talking to his wife about something other than his current situation.  needless to say people got upset at his lack of consideration for others. but most time that comes along with the huge shinny boats. lol  finaly one guy walks over and sudjest he move out of the way before he gets a lesson in manners.  he wasnt saying it nice either. lmao  some people couldnt care less about others!

another night i go to a bass lake and see a rig parked in the staging area.  its all duded up with stickers and crap looking all gaudy.  turns out it a freeking crap shooting guide rig.  he is nowhere around, no boat no people. i think WTH is with this?  i get out on the lake and there he is cruising around bow fishing.  i wanted so bad to go ask him if he bought the ramp area.  another example of people that dont care if they cause others problems.  the truck said bills and gills, anyone hear of them?  if you know him you mite tell him about ramp rules before he has to call a tow truck some night.  other people mite not be as calm as me.  ;D too bad the warden didnt stop by with his ticket book.

last night i am putting in and here comes a boat flying up the channel.  he slams into the shore and yells hurry i gota load up, my boat is sinking. lol  he didnt ut the plug in and it was a process to get down to do so i guess.  it was about half way down by the time he got the trailer in the water.  then the truck almost wouldnt pull it out.

entertaining at the ramp least. with a lil ignorance tossed in there. hehe

filetandrelease

Re: parking lots again
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2017, 06:57 PM »
 it happens here to lol , some of it's just plain rude and some of it is just inexperience   ,

Daybreak

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2017, 06:57 PM »
I'll add to the list.  Went to Wawasee the other day and as I was pulling up to the ramp, there was a guy backing down in the middle between both lanes with a jet ski trailer to load a canoe!!!  Good thing he got it loaded before I was ready to launch.  I just shook my head and thought what another idiot without common sense.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2017, 08:30 AM »
Speaking of Lake Wawasee did anyone see this? I know it's dated but very revealing.

My first reaction is what a bunch of whiny entitled people. If you don't break the law on the lake you don't have anything to worry about. I just wish there was more of a presence on other lakes of LEO's. vs. the lake cops that are paid by the lake property owners.

http://wawaseepoa.org/2012/07/19/lake-users-vow-to-take-their-lake-back-from-law-enforcement/
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2017, 10:13 AM »
That was from 2012 and as I recall the DNR had some major Interventions on the lake since then that saved lives. Hmmm, sounds like they were needed.

tater140

« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2017, 01:03 PM »
Seems like I also saw something a few years back about the wawa lake association wanting to not allow fishing inside of their buoys.  That scares me about as much as anything.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2017, 02:06 PM »
wawa:
sounds like they are harassing boaters there. poor rich drunks. dont ya feel for them? ;D

Nope! ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2017, 02:12 PM »
Seems like I also saw something a few years back about the wawa lake association wanting to not allow fishing inside of their buoys.  That scares me about as much as anything.

I ran into something like that on Clear Lake east of Fremont years ago. Was looking for bluegill spawning beds and found anywhere there was a sandy gravelly area it was roped off and said Stay Out Swimming Area.

Also came out of the tube from Round and had a boat bearing down on me. Some genius decided that was a good area for a slalom course.  ::)

Mac Attack

« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2017, 02:49 PM »
Boat launches are awesome entertainment.

Especially the large marina ones.
Where there are 100+ slips.
Seasonal dockage.

These people launch the boat in the spring and retrieve it in the fall.
No experience.

We used to take a lunch and spend a few hours watching the show last day boats have to be out.
Chinese fire drill.

Awesome entertainment.

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2017, 03:58 PM »
I have no doubt you are right Mac!

Once watched a loose his truck in the water! It just kept going off the ramp!

Mac Attack

« Reply #10 on: Sep 26, 2017, 05:30 PM »
I have no doubt you are right Mac!

Once watched a loose his truck in the water! It just kept going off the ramp!

yup.
We have seen some really good stories over the years.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.