FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: the dogs been togue slimed  (Read 1989 times)

fishlessman

the dogs been togue slimed
« on: Oct 24, 2017, 10:58 AM »
not sure if he rolled in a dead one later, but its an unbearable odor ;D tossed in the lake a few times, bathed twice, just got some follicle cleaner from the vets, its not a pretty smell like a dead rotting cat and it seems to be getting worse ;D

stguy

Re: the dogs been togue slimed
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2017, 11:37 AM »
Been there...done that....

All I can say is trust me.. :D

fishlessman

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2017, 11:49 AM »
hoping what i have now works, but if it comes down to that.... ;D

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2017, 01:37 PM »
Been there...done that....

All I can say is trust me.. :D
lmfao wow that is good. Just how did it resort to trying to hose down something with a douch.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

stguy

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2017, 01:54 PM »
lmfao wow that is good. Just how did it resort to trying to hose down something with a douch.

Well....after 30 years of being married you should be able to discuss anything with your wife....should of seen the looks I got when I told the cashier it was for my dog,
Probably should have told her my dog  was a he...but it was much more comical that way...so I didn't.

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2017, 03:10 PM »
This humid air seems to bring out the smell even more !!!  Good luck try Listerine .

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2017, 06:02 PM »
If a  good washing with a 1/4 cup of baking soda, 1 qt. of hydrogen peroxide and a tsp of DAWN dish detergent doesn't do the job, you're in trouble. :)

Mix them in a gal. jug, shake good & slowly open cap before washing dog. Rinse well, then use any dog shampoo to finish the job.
Good Luck!
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

stguy

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2017, 05:36 AM »
When my dog was a puppy, we heard him barking and carrying on in the back yard one day, we thought he was just playing with the kids....10 or 15 minutes later we realized the kids where all in the house, that's about the same time the smell of the skunks, plural as in 3, came rolling in. We looked out the window to see our Australian Shepard had them "herded"  against the wood pile with the skunk juice dripping off of him, it was so bad I had to get my air supplied welding hood to get anywhere near the dog......we tried every brand of ketchup, tomato sauce, vet soap, all of the google and you tube recipes and remedies, none of them even came close.

The only thing that worked was was the above mentioned body wash..

Several years later I had a couple of dozen big suckers left over from ice fishing....I asked my son to take them out of the tank and dump them wayyyy out in the woods, I guess I should have been more specific because his idea of wayyyy and my idea of wayyyy where completely different...after the first couple of warm days we started to smell something dead and just thought it was a critter that had got hit by a car.....nope...we figured out what it was when the dog came in with those sucker carcasses embedded in its fur........ this time we skipped all of the other stuff and went straight to the above mentioned body wash and after a couple rinses the dog smelled like flowers.

fishlessman

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2017, 07:06 AM »
If a  good washing with a 1/4 cup of baking soda, 1 qt. of hydrogen peroxide and a tsp of DAWN dish detergent doesn't do the job, you're in trouble. :)

Mix them in a gal. jug, shake good & slowly open cap before washing dog. Rinse well, then use any dog shampoo to finish the job.
Good Luck!

thats what i used, works great on skunk, no so good on this. vets stuff was  Benzoyl Peroxide, a little better but with todays rain he is still a little ripe. just a note if, if you add more baking soda and some vinegar to the hydrogen peroxide mixture and put it in a spray bottle its an automatic sprayer, just hold the trigger. had to foam the front of the house and shrubs one summer were the attack occured ;D

Spider1

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2017, 09:08 AM »
Give him a buzz cut! It'll work AND teach him a lesson!!! LMAO!!!

fish wayniac

« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2017, 03:18 PM »

Good Luck!
Bob, That is what I used when my Brittany spaniel got sprayed by a skunk. I would think would work on Togue slime also .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.