FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Couple more Pike  (Read 1021 times)

westernmas

Couple more Pike
« on: Oct 30, 2017, 03:16 PM »
Got out in my kayak for a few hours Saturday evening out in the Berkshires.  Between the 4 of us we landed about 4 pike.  They were all in the 20-25 inch range so nothing too special.  I think I had the biggest one at about 4-5lbs and had another that felt slightly bigger break me off.  I rarely target pike but prob need to throw on some steel leaders or upgrade my fluoro leader to something stronger.  Two of the smaller ones hit about 8 inch lures being trolled.  They are definitely aggressive this time of year.  However, I'll take 4 pike and landing one on back to back outings in MA.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
Re: Couple more Pike
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2017, 04:29 PM »
Some quick action nice job.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2017, 12:39 PM »
It's just like spring...some fish are lethargic, others are energetic.
Luckily there are plenty of fish still biting (if you are willing to put in the time...)
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

bogtrotter

« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2017, 01:34 PM »
Nice job!  Must be fun playing tug-of-war with a pike in a kayak.

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2017, 06:46 PM »
Even them size Pike are a blast. I stopped using steel leaders years ago. Swapped to fluoro leader material and have had good luck with it. Haven't lost a fish yet.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.