FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Webster area info  (Read 2653 times)

fishinator

Webster area info
« on: Oct 30, 2017, 04:47 PM »
A few of my friends and I have a lake house rented on Webster in a couple weeks. The main target of the trip will be muskie but it would be nice to have a meal or two of panfish. We aren't committed to staying on Webster and will most likely try another muskie lake or two in the area. Any tips on where/what to try for panfish would be appreciated.

indianahooker

Re: Webster area info
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2017, 05:41 PM »
webster has nice ggills.  try the nw side of the lake where the flats are.  also the back of the island.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2017, 08:07 PM »
You might see some big suspended marks on Tippi that are musky.

Webster has nice size bluegills now? When I lived on the lake temporarily while building my log home elsewhere I couldn't get any over 8 inches.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rivereddy

« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2017, 08:38 PM »
you are right next door to Wawasee which can give up some real nice pannies, especially yellow perch.

fish on,

rivereddy

bigr

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2017, 05:29 AM »
You might give Skinner a try for crappie and for sure for musky. Best musky lake in the state in my opinion. Small lake so you can fish the whole thing a couple times in a outing. Maybe a 30 min drive from Webster. Crappie are nice once you find them. Tons of dinks you have to sort thru. Perch are nice but again hard to target most of the time. Perch and big crappie have been good up until the last week or so. Musky are active right now.

staubsaugen

« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2017, 02:10 PM »
definitiely nice gills, and even nicer red ears if you find them. I also got into some 11-12" perch this spring, and i think more are in there if you know how to find them, which I don't. also caught a few nice crappie in the past.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2017, 05:11 PM »
Interesting. Lake dynamics must have changed sine I lived on the lake in 1994 or 95.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishinator

« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2017, 08:06 PM »
I appreciate all the replies.  I think tippe/james are high on the list to try. I hope to see some of those huge suspended marks. hope to have some pics to post next week.

tater140

« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2017, 06:45 AM »
Good luck.. Hope you tear em up

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2017, 08:30 PM »
Caught a couple Pike out of James in 2016, there are big fish in there.

fishinator

« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2017, 07:46 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the grass creek access is usable to get to the barbee chain/tippe? We aren't familiar with the area and have heard at times it unusable due to weeds and level. If not we have locations of other pay ramps but trying to be cheap.

wallydiven

• n.w. indiana
« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2017, 02:34 PM »
Can anyone tell me if the grass creek access is usable to get to the barbee chain/tippe? We aren't familiar with the area and have heard at times it unusable due to weeds and level. If not we have locations of other pay ramps but trying to be cheap.
Barbee has a public ramp off 13. It's on B7 lane. You cannot get to Barbee via grassy Creek access. You can however get to tippy from the access on Armstrong road via grassy depending on how big of boat you have, but it will take some time getting there. It is very scenic and enjoyable but long. I recommend launching at pie-eyeds for the fee.

fishinator

« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 2017, 03:40 PM »
Thanks for the info. I think we are going to pay the fee at petes. Is that pic recent?  That is an absolute beast! Looking forward to a shot at one of those for sure!

wallydiven

• n.w. indiana
« Reply #13 on: Nov 05, 2017, 05:24 PM »
51" from last spring. Pie eyed is a great launch.

fishinator

« Reply #14 on: Nov 08, 2017, 03:59 PM »
Heading out in the morning. Anyone from the area have any reports?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.