FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: upper resi report  (Read 2404 times)

bigr

upper resi report
« on: Nov 09, 2017, 08:47 AM »
All three upper resi's are fast approaching winter pool. Fishing from reports I've heard are fish are biting ok. Once the discharge and drop rate slows which looks to be sometime next week the shore and boat fishing could and should really get going for another fall/winter season. I hope to get out right after harvesting a deer on opening day. Pretty much off work from the 17th til 27th. I'll post info as I get it. My guess is the only ramp on the sally still usable is dora and it won't be for long. Missy my guess is francis slocum, camp ground and red bridge. Red bridge is always usable as long as ramp is not froze.

bherr24

Re: upper resi report
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2017, 11:53 AM »
Thanks big r, i'm ready to get back over there and catch some crappie. Late fall and winter has become my favorite time to fish over there.  I'm after a deer now as well, seen a nice buck this morning while bowhunting but he wouldn't come my way.

I Walton

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2017, 09:16 AM »
Went fishing yesterday and caught 6 crappie near the bridge at Somerset. Only 2 big enough to keep so no fish dinner as all went back in the lake. Water level good but still fairly muddy. With todays rain it might get worse. I dislocated my shoulder in the spring so this was my first trip this year. Saw a couple of guys training a retriever and it was interesting. Dog seemed pretty good.

rivereddy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2017, 08:27 PM »
Drove through a ton of rain from Indy to Peru.  We went up to visit a coworker of my wife.  While they chatted and chased toddlers around the house I ran over to the dam on Missy to assess the situation.  The Wabash was up and I think they were holding Missy back to let the big river settle.  While not too high or fast, chocolate was the color of both the lake and the tailrace.  No one else was there when I began tossing a jig.
There were a lot of shad in the water and it was difficult not to foul hook them.  I caught a couple of small crappie before another angler showed
up.  He proceeded to catch several while my heavier rig got zilch.  I did manage to hook a 27" channel who put up a decent fight.  Trouble was it
was hooked in the dorsal fin.  I beached it and pulled the hook without even taking it from the water.  Saw one bald eagle.  All told a good day
in spite of the weather.

fish on,

rivereddy

bigr

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2017, 04:31 AM »
This past weekend rains put a hurt on the resi's. It will takes a few Weeks of dry weather to bring them back down to winter levels and even longer to clear up. I'm hoping they will be ready by first ice. Did I mention how bad opening weekend of gun season was for deer. Good news is a lot of deer survived.

I Walton

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2017, 09:27 AM »
Mississinewa is up over 13 feet overnight and only 4 feet from summer pool. Will take a long time to clear up and reach winter pool. Where I was fishing from the bank now 10 feet under water.

tater140

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2017, 02:15 PM »
I drove over the dam at Missy yesterday and looked like they were holding her back.  Lake looked muddy

bigr

« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2017, 03:15 AM »
Dropping fast, maybe a week to ten days if the rains holds off.

Bobber Watcher

« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2017, 04:40 PM »
Thanks for the update.

bigr

« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2017, 04:02 AM »
Still some open water at both resi's. Fish are biting but the wind has been blowing so you have to find a location that's protected. Ice is coming on fast in usual fishing locations but with the warmer forecast for a few days next week might provide a few days of shore fishing.

bherr24

« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2017, 09:28 PM »
I made it over to Missy this afternoon. Started fishing near the red bridge launch area. Some skim ice was mixed in with the pockets of open water. When i showed up there was not a single person fishing on either side of the lake. Should have been a sign. I tried for an hour without a hit. Packed it up and went to slocum, and only 2 guys fishing there.  Fished for another hour or so without a hit and said forget it. The other 2 guys packed it up and left as well. Water was decent color and the lake was pretty flat. Kinda surprised the fishing was that bad. Wanted to get over and give it a try though as the extended forecast calls for very cold temps and the lake will likely be iced over for a while.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.