FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: October togue massacre ....with pics  (Read 4036 times)

Mac Attack

Re: October togue massacre ....with pics
« Reply #15 on: Oct 11, 2017, 01:47 PM »
Awesome job on the boat.

More pictures please!!!

Love the overhead rod racks.

porkpiehat

« Reply #16 on: Nov 03, 2017, 10:15 PM »
I was going to head home to sanford to grab some gear (my downvu sonar for togging in RI!) and I thought I'd give sebago a shot. I'm guessing they are spawning now and can be found in the shallows? Will they hit all day or just mornings like early fall? I'm seeing trophys come out of the big lakes!

stguy

« Reply #17 on: Nov 04, 2017, 06:06 AM »
I was going to head home to sanford to grab some gear (my downvu sonar for togging in RI!) and I thought I'd give sebago a shot. I'm guessing they are spawning now and can be found in the shallows? Will they hit all day or just mornings like early fall? I'm seeing trophys come out of the big lakes!

Sad to say, but I haven't been out in a couple of weeks. Last time we went out they were deep..100+ feet, had to work to get'm but it was worth it.

Could be anywhere now, I'm sure the warm weather has them confused.

Good luck if you go!!

woodchip1

« Reply #18 on: Nov 05, 2017, 07:51 AM »
Great to see you had such a nice catch Glen

fishlessman

« Reply #19 on: Nov 06, 2017, 08:30 AM »

was slow this weekend but they are still active chasing alewives into the shallow edges. if you are trolling and find them, you want to be there early or the jigging guys get in your way ;D was out there for hours sunday before a boat stopped and dropped lures in my way, the whole lake to fish,no one but me out there and they pick the tiny spot im trolling. im fishing 30 to 70 feet.  been picking up some stocked salmon as well, mostly males which is odd but maybe the natives are in the rivers now.

porkpiehat

« Reply #20 on: Nov 06, 2017, 01:35 PM »
I would normally use big copper wobblers or suttons trolling for togue deeper...Will these mimic an alewive in shallow water?

fishlessman

« Reply #21 on: Nov 06, 2017, 03:11 PM »
i have been tying streamers, the bottom one seems to work the best, they are 3.5 to just about 5 inches long. i lose alot fishing the edges so these seem to be the cheapest solution for me. its basically a striper style fly tied on a long shank hook

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.