FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: perch  (Read 2627 times)

kfishdoctor

perch
« on: Nov 30, 2017, 05:50 PM »
Northwest IN guys, the perch are going strong at the slips in Chicago. Been there 3 times(87th) and have done well. Lots of sorting(20or so to get a good one) but its nonstop action. Bigger bait seems to get the bigger fish. Larger Kastmaster blue and silver with a big minnow or perch strip on other hook cast out and bounced back off the bottom worked really great this past Sunday. Dinks couldnt get it in their mouths so less sorting. Been getting hefty 8 to 10s with at a couple larger ones thrown in each time out. Hope to get back this weekend.

Jig_Head

Re: perch
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2017, 06:47 PM »
Great report, thank you

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2017, 08:38 AM »
SOUNDS LIKE FUN, MAY HAVE 2 TRY IT MONDAY.

kfishdoctor

« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2017, 04:25 PM »
Limit today. In at 6:30 done at 11:30. Once again a lot of sorting but all solid 9 to 10s with a 11 and 12 thrown in. Had to catch 150 to 175 fish. I cant make it down closer to the lake end (stupid hip)but the fish are bigger down there. When this weather changes and the water cools down some more I think the bigger ones will move down the slip. Pay attention to the diving (fishing birds). When they come around so are the bait fish and so are the bigger perch. It was almost shoulder to shoulder today but everyone I was around was good company. The other thing that was interesting was I heard english, spanish, polish, croation, I think 2 different forms of chinese and russian. Quite a melting pot of different cultures all doin the same thing. Back to work tomorrow. Good luck if you give it a go!

kfishdoctor

« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2017, 09:24 PM »
Something I forgot to mention, I never saw any gobies caught, not one. I thought that was strange for a lake that is "overrun" with them. I did drag up a couple of mussel clumps(25 to 30 mussels in a ball) while bouncing my kastmaster off the bottom. Really thought I had a biggie on for a bit while cranking in.

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2017, 06:56 AM »
YOU WILL GET THE GOBIES ONLY IF YOU ARE FISHING CLOSE TO THE BREAKWALL ROCKS.

MC_angler

« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2017, 09:45 AM »
Something I forgot to mention, I never saw any gobies caught, not one. I thought that was strange for a lake that is "overrun" with them. I did drag up a couple of mussel clumps(25 to 30 mussels in a ball) while bouncing my kastmaster off the bottom. Really thought I had a biggie on for a bit while cranking in.

You don't tend to catch many gobies when the water temps are below 50

kfishdoctor

« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2017, 07:14 PM »
I hate the cold and this was probably the last time out for me until spring unless I get my Christmas wish of 50 degrees on the 26th. They are getting bigger and less sorting. In at 11 and home by 3. If you go the dnr is on the job and it is needed from what I have seen and been hearing. Lots of law breakers trying to ruin a good thing up on the slips and NP. Same baits and lures as before and still lots of people there, along with the perchies. I think its only going to get better. Have seen some underwater vids and there are thousands upon thousands of fish. So if your a cold weather person(and it aint evev cold yet) go get some of those critters while the gettin is good. Have a great week guys!

kfishdoctor

« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2017, 08:16 AM »
Didnt have time this week but was told it is the dead sea,nothing good going on at all. Had plans to go today but Im calling it quits. If I hear it gets good again I will post the news.

kfishdoctor

« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2017, 06:39 PM »
The weather still calls my name. Got in at 11:30 out at 3 with limit. All solid 9 and 10s with a 13 thrown in. Get the biggest minnows you can get. Small minnows were the bait of choice around me and it produced dink after dink. I did the best in my area from what I could tell, but a guy using a pretty good sized hunk of shrimp out did me but he had to leave after 1 hour of fishing. He had 9 nice ones in that time span. Kastmaster was notta today. Think squid would be a good option also. IF, IF, IF weather is seim good sat, will be there for 1 more go around. If I iced fished I would go there, but thats not gonna happen cause I wont walk on water.

trjordan09886

« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2017, 04:28 PM »
where are you fishing and in what? kayak or small boat? i'm out in valpo and have been itching to get on the water 

kfishdoctor

« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:38 PM »
87th street and lake shore drive in chicago. barge slip from shore. google earth it and look from top down. helps with understanding what Im talking about. also youtube 87th st perch fishing.  IF we get 1 more day of semi nice weather Im going again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.