FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SNOW WHAT!  (Read 1624 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
SNOW WHAT!
« on: Dec 23, 2017, 05:44 PM »
So...I had this beautiful first cut Angus strip steak I earmarked for dinner. No danged way I was cooking it in the oven or frying it in a pan. Thank heavens for my Weber.

The poor thing was blanketed with snow.

Prepped for the grill was the strip steak, a couple Zwiegles for my Bride (she's not a big steak eater), and some oiled and seasoned nailed potatoes.
And, of course, the obligatory Heineken and appetizer.

All went well firing up the grill.

You can't see it, but it was snowing pretty hard.

Grilling by Christmas lights.....fun stuff.

As I was cooking and making several trips in and out to check on things, I noticed a dove sitting on the seed platform happily eating away and totally ignoring me no more than 6' away.

The end result was a really delicious meal.

My Bride thinks I'm nutz but she cleaned the plate like it was her last meal ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

tomturkey

Re: SNOW WHAT!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2017, 10:09 PM »
It looks like your wife likes her tube stake like mine does. Charred. I have never enjoyed strip steak, too lean. I enjoy a good chuck stake. To me they have more flavor than any of the expensive cuts.

I uncovered the gas grill the other night to do a chuck steak. I wanted to have one before this brutal cold hits next week.

We have a family meat market nearby. These are there beef specials this week.
Standing rib roast or rib eye roast. 6.99 lb.
Sirloin tip roast or boneless chuck roast 2.99 lb.

The wife bought some of their bacon last trip. It was so lean it had no grease in it to fry.

They raise all of their own beef. NO black steers are raised so it is not too lean so it has more flavor. You have to remember to wear at least a coat all year round as the whole place is refrigerated.

I did eat a lot of rib stake a long time ago. They were only 49 cents a pound back then.

I have not been able to get to the chestnut since deer season but hope to next month. I have the piece picked out. 

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2017, 04:51 AM »
I have an attached garage. I just roll my Weber out and "BANG" dinner. I use my grill year round. My wife and I have been grilling our New Years Eve dinner, Steak & Lobster for over 32 yrs. warm or cold sun or snow.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2017, 06:08 AM »
Looks great Bob. 
A small prime rib for us on the grill tonight with greens from Georgeios... ;D
Merry Christmas Eve........
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.