FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Non resident fishing  (Read 4221 times)

haightdaddy

Re: Non resident fishing
« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2018, 12:04 PM »
Short money for the amount I use it.
X2 it sucks it’s more expensive now but still can’t really complain given the amount I get out and put it to use.

bikrsrule

« Reply #16 on: Apr 04, 2018, 07:10 PM »
haightdaddy Being as young as you are, a lifetime license may be a good idea, pay once and your good for life, wish I had done it so many years ago..

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Apr 04, 2018, 09:10 PM »
I guess my state dropped the lifetime licenses. So many people bought them they realized they were going to lose revenue big time. The price wasn't really that high which was the problem. IIRR the lifetime fish licenses were only $300.00? Somebody had sheet for brains on that one.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #18 on: Apr 04, 2018, 09:40 PM »
I guess my state dropped the lifetime licenses. So many people bought them they realized they were going to lose revenue big time. The price wasn't really that high  which was the problem. IIRR the lifetime fish licenses were only $300.00? Somebody had sheet for brains on that one.

Wow, 300 for a lifetime? I spend that yearly on all the state's I license for.

taxid

« Reply #19 on: Apr 04, 2018, 09:47 PM »
I think that was right but have asked for verification in the Indiana section.

Our fees are way too low in my opinion and we get what we pay for.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #20 on: Apr 05, 2018, 05:56 AM »
I think that was right but have asked for verification in the Indiana section.

Our fees are way too low in my opinion and we get what we pay for.

Any trout fishing out there?

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Apr 05, 2018, 08:29 AM »
Any trout fishing out there?

Steelhead in the St. Joe River in the the northwest part of the state. Lake Michigan has that plus coho, browns, and lake trout although the fish go north into the Michigan waters of Lake Michigan as the year progresses.

We used to have numerous inland lakes planted with browns and rainbows that grew to impressive sizes. Now there are only a handful due to declining water quality and the few that are left are just managed as put and take. I won't waste me time on them anymore as I grow larger trout on my property. Hell the only reason I will probably buy a fishing license this year it to legally collect white and black crappie for broodfish on my fish farm. Other than that I'll fish out of state.

haightdaddy

« Reply #22 on: Apr 07, 2018, 12:18 AM »
haightdaddy Being as young as you are, a lifetime license may be a good idea, pay once and your good for life, wish I had done it so many years ago..
Never thought about that but maybe I should...

swnoel

« Reply #23 on: Apr 07, 2018, 05:17 AM »
I remember buying myself a birthday present in 1986 of a NH lifetime license for $400... glad I did. A combo license was something like $17 back then. Guess I made the right decision.

bikrsrule

« Reply #24 on: Apr 07, 2018, 10:52 AM »
swnoel I keep kicking myself in the butt for not doing just that so many years ago...

stripernut

« Reply #25 on: Apr 07, 2018, 01:53 PM »
When I lived in NH I was thinking of buying one, but when I asked if I ever moved out of state in the future would it still be good, I was told no... I moved to MA in the end (aging parents), so it was a good call for me... If they had said yes, I would have gotten it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.