FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Maumee River  (Read 8319 times)

tater140

Re: Maumee River
« Reply #30 on: Mar 29, 2018, 09:52 PM »
Good luck to ya'll that get to make the Maumee trip.  I'm headed out of town for a week on spring break.  Maybe I can scrounge up a fish or two down there... but my heart is in the midwest with the spring walleye fishing.

Hankfan24

« Reply #31 on: Mar 30, 2018, 01:01 PM »
Bluegrass island is closed. But, I like fishing the higher water there. Hopefully, the fish cooperate a little better.

RoeBoat

« Reply #32 on: Mar 31, 2018, 09:41 PM »
Rough day of fishing yesterday on the river.  Started north of the Fort, spent a few hours working on my casting and knot tying.  No fish, for me or anyone else that I saw at that location.  At lunch in the parking lot at Orleans,  a few caught in a couple boats straight out from launch, still no fish on the bank from anyone.  Headed upstream to Jerome road and bingo, saw a few fish being caught and some on stringers.  My fishing partner ended with 2 and I had none.  I could barely get to the bottom using mono and 1 1/4 oz.  He was using fireline and was able to hold bottom with 3/4 oz.  Tuff fishing, will be better in a week.  First trip to the island will give up many limits!

RoeBoat

« Reply #33 on: Apr 09, 2018, 08:23 PM »
Planning on heading to Maumee to fish the river from waders on Wednesday afternoon.  If anyone is interested in going along let me know.  I'm planning on leaving between 11 and 12.

tater140

« Reply #34 on: Apr 10, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Sure wish I could go Wed.  I committed to coaching my daughters lob-ball team this spring and that's going to wipe out my wed. evening fishing nights.  I'm sure wishing I can get over there soon.

RoeBoat

« Reply #35 on: Apr 10, 2018, 11:38 AM »
Heading up early Friday morning also.  This next week or so is going to be the peak I think.  We'll see what this weather does after this heat wave!

taxid

« Reply #36 on: Apr 10, 2018, 01:51 PM »
I hate to say it but the weatherman is saying the heat wave will be short lived and we will go back into winter next week!   ::)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Hankfan24

« Reply #37 on: Apr 10, 2018, 02:27 PM »
The river is full of fish. First cast until about 815 is best. Then there's a lull, and it picks back up around 3pm. That's been my first hand experience the last two days. Orelans park was busy, but upstream had much less people. I didn't see "everyone" catching fish like some websites would have you believe. You definitely had to be in the right place.

RoeBoat

« Reply #38 on: Apr 10, 2018, 06:15 PM »
It will be nice to get to the island tomorrow, first time in almost 2 weeks.  It will give up some quick limits in less than an hour.  It will also give more space for everyone to spread out a bit.

Hankfan24

« Reply #39 on: Apr 10, 2018, 07:56 PM »
Yeah, the island should be good.  3 foot leaders did the best,.

RoeBoat

« Reply #40 on: Apr 12, 2018, 07:24 AM »
No fish for me!  The river is handing it to me this year.  Made to the island, first time anyone's been there in almost 2 weeks, I had high hopes of finding old holes stacked full of fish but no luck.  3 fish caught from there while I was there.  They we're getting limits across from Schroeder Farm but the line was in chest deep swift water and was elbow to elbow.   They we're also getting fish at button wood.  Maumee tackle claimed that was the side to be on.  Guys were elbow to elbow at the rapids also.

Hankfan24

« Reply #41 on: Apr 12, 2018, 09:54 AM »
Man... I would have thought the island would be the place since it hasn't been fished.

RoeBoat

« Reply #42 on: Apr 12, 2018, 08:37 PM »
It was in a very narrow area, I don't get it.

Hankfan24

« Reply #43 on: Apr 13, 2018, 09:45 AM »
That narrow area you mentioned is a hole that they stack up in. Its been a really weird year for sure.

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #44 on: Apr 24, 2018, 09:13 AM »
Headed over Friday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.