FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sally update  (Read 4031 times)

bev

Re: Sally update
« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2018, 05:27 AM »
I am right hear just got back from Mexico for work. it looks like it is trying to go down but mother nature has her way it might be another week then it should be ok, IF SHE DON'T GET MAD AGAIN

fishinfooljake

« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2018, 06:56 PM »
I fished below the dam for walleye this morning with no luck. And fished several along the south side..the channel by the beach. 105 bridge on south side and the little channel just east of there. Tried several different colors of jigs under a float at different depths. No luck not even a bite. Went to miss below the dam and caught around 10 crappies with 4 being 8-10 inches

bigr

« Reply #17 on: Apr 18, 2018, 05:14 AM »
Bring on some warm weather. Cold snaps are killers.

RobertFitz

« Reply #18 on: Apr 22, 2018, 08:50 PM »
I don't post much here, due to not having the insite/experience as most of the people on this site. Did want to give a heads up on a trip a buddy and mine did today in the river between Mt. Etna and Lancaster. Water still felt chilly but with the sun it wasn't bad at all even with the wind we got near the beaver dam. They hit under a float with a jig, and also slow retrieve no float. Threw back a BUNCH and kept a mess for him and for me and my family. (My girls really seem to like looking at them and watch me clean them..... Only thing I know they will clean their plates for) White bass were hitting in the middle of the river, slow retrieve.   Caught crappie near timber and also to the side of it near the bank. If using a float, it was only about a foot under, maybe foot and a half.  Picture is just the best ones we got, which were caught as we were heading back in the boat.

bigr

« Reply #19 on: Apr 23, 2018, 05:09 AM »
Good catch report, Crappie are finally doing there thing on both rivers.

bev

« Reply #20 on: Apr 23, 2018, 05:26 AM »
nice fish. That is a good area to fish this time of the year. :bowdown: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

TennesseeFreeze

« Reply #21 on: Apr 23, 2018, 07:38 AM »
Awesome Crappie catch man!  ;D

gilldan

« Reply #22 on: Apr 23, 2018, 11:18 AM »
Glad to hear that you did good. Surprised you didn't pick up an eye in the area.  They do come up in that area.  Keep on them.  I hope to get out soon as soon as I get my foot healed up.

RobertFitz

« Reply #23 on: Apr 23, 2018, 04:39 PM »
Yeah we had brought some chubs for the eyes or cats but I have a feeling those white bass would have stole all of them. It was almost every cast they were hitting and ruined a whole lot of my plastics. Very fun and aggressive though as we moved up and down the river.

RobertFitz

« Reply #24 on: Apr 24, 2018, 12:33 PM »
The ones we were catching were about 15inch give or take and pretty fat. Yeah creek chubs. We were trying to catch some smaller minnows but those are the ones we got. Around 2 inch or bigger if I'm not mistaken. There was 2 guys on the bank bobber fishing for the bass and they caught a few so it was a great day. Plan on sending my fiance out with my buddy this weekend with her little brother to catch them before they leave or get pushed out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.