FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: !!Quabbin Night Pass!!!  (Read 6506 times)

CMD1987

Re: !!Quabbin Night Pass!!!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 03, 2018, 12:50 PM »
Where to? If I had a choice it would be NH and still plan on moving there some day when the wife and I are ready. The only thing holding me back is the awesome salt fishery here in RI.

Vermont baby. The only state in the country where I can legally defend my weed crop with my guns - as it should be. Also Lake Champlain fishing. And their state fishing awards program blows every other one I’ve seen out of the water. Also, I personally dislike the general congestion of MA. I’m gonna get me a patch of land up in them there Vermont hills.

lowaccord66

« Reply #16 on: Apr 03, 2018, 01:12 PM »
Youll need the guns to defend against VT's drug problem.  Highest useage per capita of any of the 50 states.  The problem with heroine up there is noticeable everytime Ive visted.  No state is perfect though...

Mike I am leaning towards Alaska personally.  Maine is cool too.  I was smart and avoided the societal pressure of home ownership so once my daughter is old enough I can go anywhere.

Baitbucket

« Reply #17 on: Apr 03, 2018, 01:42 PM »
I'll be at Quabbin sometime in June. Maybe I'll see you there andI can say hello. I'll be looking for a guy in white!  :D

Message me when you are in the area, ill get you out in the boat.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #18 on: Apr 03, 2018, 02:12 PM »

Mike I am leaning towards Alaska personally.  Maine is cool too.  I was smart and avoided the societal pressure of home ownership so once my daughter is old enough I can go anywhere.
[/quote]

That's funny because Alaska is my first choice as well but I do not think the wife wants any part of that night vs day stuff lol. Once I can give up the salt I will make a move up north most likely NH or ME. I prefer all winter activities vs summer and love the cool weather much more than the melting heat. You can always put layers on but ya cant take your skin off when you feel like melting.

Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #19 on: Apr 03, 2018, 02:33 PM »
Vermont baby. The only state in the country where I can legally defend my weed crop with my guns - as it should be. Also Lake Champlain fishing. And their state fishing awards program blows every other one I’ve seen out of the water. Also, I personally dislike the general congestion of MA. I’m gonna get me a patch of land up in them there Vermont hills.

Good luck on your quest up in the Vermont Hills. if you NEED guns to defend your crop maybe its not the best location after all. lol

I paid $50 for a box of 20 self defense 45's and the wife asked me why I needed the most expensive ones. I told her its the best investment I hope to never use.
Wicked Wec

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Apr 03, 2018, 02:53 PM »
Funny you guys are talking bout leaving Mass and I have considered moving back from the midwest. Indiana to be specific. You might want to come out here to appreciate what you have. Out here many of the lakes are ringed with permanent houses next to each other right on the lakes, and then there is a perimeter road with another ring of permanent houses and many times another ring of houses after that.

A few are so congested they have been incorporated as towns such as this one:

And forget about lots of trees around the lakes like you have in Massachusetts. It's mostly manicured lawns treated with herbicides and pesticides to keep that lake lawn perfect like a golf course. Never mind that stuff ends up in the lakes. Then there's all the farmland that leeches into the inlets and ends up in the lakes.

And don't even get me started on how many of the lake residents consider the lake solely theirs and would love to have public access cut off.

I live 10 minutes from our biggest natural lake in the state and it's impossible to fish on weekends in the summer. I've been nearly hit by ski and jetskies, had my lines run over etc.etc. We used to have a 10 mph speed limit in the mornings and evenings to make it a level playing field for anglers but that disappeared years ago. Granted we do have some smaller lakes with speed restrictions. I've been told to just fish it on the weekdays. Why should I, and I do have to get work done during the week in my business!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

sisabdulax

« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2018, 03:01 PM »
Funny you guys are talking bout leaving Mass and I have considered moving back from the midwest. You might want to come out here to appreciate what you have. Out here many of the lakes are ringed with permanent houses next to each other right on the lakes, and then there is a perimeter road with another ring of permanent houses and many times another ring of houses after that.

A few are so congested they have been incorporated as towns such as this one:

And forget about lots of trees around the lakes like you have in Massachusetts. It's mostly manicured lawns treated with herbicides and pesticides to keep that lake lawn perfect like a golf course. Never mind that stuff ends up in the lakes. Then there's all the farmland that leeches into the inlets and ends up in the lakes.

And don't even get me started on how many of the lake residents consider the lake solely theirs and would love to have public access cut off.

I left the Northeast years ago, Fishing was good. Miss only lil bit of saltwater, but I have no regrets. I would suggest keep going west! lol.

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Apr 03, 2018, 03:03 PM »
You must be farther west than me -- Indiana.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

sisabdulax

« Reply #23 on: Apr 03, 2018, 03:12 PM »
You must be farther west than me -- Indiana.

Colorado! Born and raised in Jersey.

bigbellybilly

« Reply #24 on: Apr 03, 2018, 03:47 PM »
Made it out last night did not sound like much was getting answered until next meeting in a month. Stayed for a hour they talked a little on night fishing and someone told the commissioner that the fisherman and hunt are the eyes out there and he is trying to do things with out telling the people  so who knows what is going to happen.
  Think it is time to locate another night time fishing spot TO BAD.

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #25 on: Apr 03, 2018, 04:28 PM »
I say Alaska so I can have mega salmon hauls

Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

taxid

« Reply #26 on: Apr 03, 2018, 06:47 PM »
Just for those of you that are dreaming of Alaska: Its dark 24/7 a big part of winter up there IIRR. That gets old and for some people that suffer from SADS (Seasonal Affective Disorder Syndrome) from a lack of sunlight it can be devastating.

The guy that runs the Nahmakanta Lake Camp in Maine told my dad and I he had to move back to Maine as his wife couldn't take the darkness anymore.

lowaccord66

« Reply #27 on: Apr 03, 2018, 07:46 PM »
Ive run into the same lake issues in mass (try otis res in the summer) and its worse in CT. As for the SADS...summer is coming, I generally only fish for stripers at night which makes me quite happy (those summer nights are way too short). I also hear they have a plant for that  ;)

westernmas

« Reply #28 on: Apr 04, 2018, 08:10 AM »
Ive run into the same lake issues in mass (try otis res in the summer) and its worse in CT. As for the SADS...summer is coming, I generally only fish for stripers at night which makes me quite happy (those summer nights are way too short). I also hear they have a plant for that  ;)

Cmon John, you can only ice fish otis res.  And even then there are usually so many nut jobs on quads and snowmobiles that its just as bad as the boats.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #29 on: Apr 04, 2018, 08:47 AM »
When I first got my boat Id bring the girls up there with me.  Not to fish though...just to hang out.  I bet its a blast to fish early season...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.