FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NO MO SNOW Please  (Read 10554 times)

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
NO MO SNOW Please
« on: Apr 08, 2018, 04:05 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Uncle, no mas,  I give, stop, quit, enough is enough with all this snow and cold. I'm ready for spring to be sprung. I am left in limbo here in the great white north. How about you?  We got another 2 inches last night.  I have been private messaging all my snow bird friends to stay down there a couple more weeks. I can't stay warm in the Stealth and I can't get the I/O in the water yet because I will freeze the block and the out drive..

Though I have managed a couple of trips out with the long poles so far, most of my fishing has been from the river banks or creek beds. I got to say, the fingers, knees elbows , hips and brain don't work well in these conditions. I find myself sitting here scanning the 10 day weather forecast looking for at least a 50 degree day with light wind to get out on the water. They say you can't keep a good man down, but you sure as heck can curtail his activity with cold weather. It's even too cold to work on the Sea Ray conversion. I'm starting to feel like an old man. Watching way too much TV and cursing the TV commentators. It is time to turn a new leaf. Come on now. Say it with me. NO MO SNOW... NO MO SNOW..... NO Mo SNOW
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

JBoggey

wallyworld

Re: NO MO SNOW Please
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2018, 05:52 AM »
I second that......NO MO SNOW  >:(

filetandrelease

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2018, 05:59 AM »

Same here Jim , rods are ready but This weather just can’t make up its mind ,😡

scout57

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2018, 06:00 AM »
AMEN....AMEN....AMEN

filetandrelease

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2018, 06:16 AM »
Hey scout get out the red golf balls ⛳️
  I would like to put up a few more lbs of perch filets , before I start trout fishing

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2018, 06:39 AM »
Here, I am just hoping the walleyes get to spawn before the season opens...h2l

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2018, 07:25 AM »
That April snow here in CT cost me.  Wife spun the jeep and stuffed the rear end into a tree.  Thankfully she is fine. Anyone want a 5.9l v8 with brand new rebuilt transmission?   Has too many goodies to part with. 

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2018, 07:28 AM »
im with ya on this weather, last week on wednesday we tried to finish a roof in that wind, we got all the shingles nailed on but couldnt do the ridge vent it was just too windy. when we came in the following day there was 2"s of snow on the roof and 8  of the shingles we nailed on the day before blew off. then we started a siding job and had to quit at noon on friday cuz it started getting windy and snowing slush on us. this winter dont know when to stop! im sitting here now debating on going to try for some trout in one of the fast flowing flooded streams... :P
done dirt cheap!

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #8 on: Apr 08, 2018, 07:41 AM »
I probably shouldn't complain, but I will anyway.  It brings to mind when i was a mere lad of 12 or 13, can't exactly remember which, my neighbor Jimmy Secor and I skipped school on May 15th to go fishing behind the house in the back water where the Fulton race track is now.

We chose unwisely. About one hour into our misadventure it started to snow. Imagine that May 15th. I never forgot that. I really don't mind confessing this as I believe it is beyond the statute of limitations eh? Besides that, my grand kids don't read this folly anyway. :angel: :angel: :angel:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2018, 07:45 AM »
Out my living room window right now.

Yes ....it's snowing.....a lot........AGAIN!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2018, 07:50 AM »
Nice pic RG.  Good day to relax at home.

Old Timer

« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2018, 07:52 AM »
I have found there is always 4 or 5 bad weather days after my return to the frozen tundra of Upstate NY . So, to free you guys and get the weather seasonal, I will head North in a week. That means better weather should return around the 21 st or 22 nd...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Apr 08, 2018, 08:00 AM »
Nice pic RG.  Good day to relax at home.

Relax my elbow! I'm tired of relaxing. I've got stuff I want to do outside.  :cursing: :cursing:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #13 on: Apr 08, 2018, 08:08 AM »
I have found there is always 4 or 5 bad weather days after my return to the frozen tundra of Upstate NY . So, to free you guys and get the weather seasonal, I will head North in a week. That means better weather should return around the 21 st or 22 nd...

Yo Dave,

I am looking forward to seeing you my friend. Don't hurry. In fact, could you bring a little of that warm Florida weather with ya ?

On a separate note , I wish I could post pictures as one of my old buddies, Joefish sent me a photograph which shows how to compensate for the cold weather. Too funny. I hope he posts it on this thread.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: Apr 08, 2018, 08:32 AM »
Yo Jim...   NO MO SNOW..........  >:(
Flurries here...... :P

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.