FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NO MO SNOW Please  (Read 10547 times)

jperch

Re: NO MO SNOW Please
« Reply #15 on: Apr 08, 2018, 08:35 AM »
I have to agree with you Jim.  I know it's not unusual to get a few cold days with snow showers this time of year.  But it has been just bizarre, with a month of consistent cold and snowy days with LOTS of wind.  We wanted to take the little row boat out and fish FH where you and I ice fished but decided my old bones would not handle 34 degree temps very well in that little tin can.  I hope the perch up at Kring will wait for us before they "do their thing".  Hope to catch up with you soon on the water, sounds like things will start to improve next week.   jperch

reeleyz

« Reply #16 on: Apr 08, 2018, 12:12 PM »
I must be the crazy one! I still like seeing snow.

Before you know it we will be swarmed by mosquitos and sweating our tails off.

filetandrelease

« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2018, 12:20 PM »
I can deal with the mosquito it’s the black flies , and the warm summer bug hatches on the lake suck

reeleyz

« Reply #18 on: Apr 08, 2018, 12:38 PM »
Black flys suck for sure!

jperch

« Reply #19 on: Apr 08, 2018, 12:46 PM »
I'll try to be optimistic.  I hope this late spring translates into less ticks, mosquitos and black flies, delayed grass mowing and more gobbling.   :o  jperch

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2018, 04:40 PM »
It's time to take some serious action!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

gotagetm

« Reply #21 on: Apr 08, 2018, 05:35 PM »
shore cast today in sun and calm 10 minutes later windy dark and snowing sideways then back to calm
and on and on and on

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Apr 08, 2018, 06:12 PM »
I said the hell with it and donned my Walls coveralls. Went out and cleaned up all the branches downed from the wind storm. Had a nice bonfire even though  it snowed hard on and off. It pretty much melted off by the end of the day.

Might see 50 by the end of the week.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #23 on: Apr 08, 2018, 07:24 PM »
even though it was doing this outside every 20 mins

I said screw it and went out fishing from 4-6, lost a few and kept these

cant wait for it to warm up but the creeks were not as high as they were a couple days ago and were easily fishable. I had two real nice trout come unpinned after a brief fight and watched a few follow my spinner to shore, this week looks decent hopefully its bullhead time soon!!
done dirt cheap!

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #24 on: Apr 09, 2018, 05:00 AM »
Yo Dirtydeeds,

I am envious. Nice catch, nice eats there. I was much less productive. Sat in front of the flat screen and watched that Reed guy win at Augusta. Some tournament eh?

filetandrelease

« Reply #25 on: Apr 09, 2018, 05:27 AM »

Nice showing dirtydeeds
 I’m waiting I’ll get out soon
 Right now I’m tying up some perch and eye jigs to occupy my time

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #26 on: Apr 09, 2018, 05:37 AM »
This was Joefish's remedy for how to beat the cold weather and snow conditions.  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #27 on: Apr 09, 2018, 05:48 AM »
I said the hell with it and donned my Walls coveralls. Went out and cleaned up all the branches downed from the wind storm. Had a nice bonfire even though  it snowed hard on and off. It pretty much melted off by the end of the day.

Might see 50 by the end of the week.

Rg

Yo Bob,

You are all too energetic for me bud. I'm just glad I can sit up and take sustenance  :sleep1: :sleep1:

Also of monumental note. I managed to post my first picture in 10 years of MFF and IS history. I guess you guys have made it easy enough for a computer illiterate such as I eh?  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

chrony59

« Reply #28 on: Apr 09, 2018, 03:38 PM »
Yo Boggey , I’m just about ready to start harassing some local fish ! Surgery went well and recovery is going great ! Looking forward to spending some time on the water with you  ;)

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #29 on: Apr 09, 2018, 08:50 PM »
Yo Perry,

Glad you are healing my friend. I am getting back out this week end. Maybe Kring's or Fair Haven. It will be warmer, but the forecast is for wet. I ain't sugar. PM me when you are good to go bud.

Jboggey

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.