FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Search bar no help for inline planer boards  (Read 1601 times)

lunkahville

Search bar no help for inline planer boards
« on: Apr 14, 2018, 02:36 PM »
There is all kinds of info but it didn't help... the guys that do/have/continue to do use inline planer boards. Was thinking of getting a set of offshore boards (the yellow ones). Worth the investment? Everything I've seen just says yes. But want actual fish hand experience

marabou

Re: Search bar no help for inline planer boards
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2018, 04:02 PM »
I run the yellow bird in line planers and use them through Memorial Day weekend while the fish are still on top I run spoons to smelts off them they work great for me

Turnbuckle

« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2018, 04:10 PM »
I run the little orange boards I picked up from Cabelas this time of year, but also use them later in the early spring and summer just to get my lures away from the boat on calm mornings.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

lunkahville

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2018, 04:16 PM »
I run the yellow bird in line planers and use them through Memorial Day weekend while the fish are still on top I run spoons to smelts off them they work great for me

Do the boards release and slide on the line alot? Or are you always reeling in with the board fighting  you can unclip it?

Turnbuckle

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2018, 04:43 PM »
Do the boards release and slide on the line alot? Or are you always reeling in with the board fighting  you can unclip it?

Both. You can make them release and slide, but I find they just go down to the fish and lure and I don’t like that. I set them so they stay where they are which for the most part is suspended in the air while fighting a fish, the quickly take them off, which is about just before the fish sees the boat and takes a good run before you jet them. I was skeptical of the whole deal, but really like them and have got some good early season salmon using this method.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

wallyworld

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2018, 04:54 PM »
Have been using the yellow off shore tackle in line boards for quite a few years now, wouldn't put the boat in the water w/o them  8)  you can set them to slide or to stay put, your preference

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2018, 05:45 PM »
I have been using off shores for over 10 years ,a great addition to the arsenal ,
Just goggle up in-line planer boards

fishlessman

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2018, 02:58 PM »
just a thought, but...   anyone ever build a tiny planer board that ties to the boat with the traditional planer clip release tied directly to the board itself.  thats my skijigger without the jigging mechanism. i just tie the rope to the cleat and send it out, pull it easily by hand back to the boat after it releases and the fish is onboard.  you only need the big boards if running the clips on the line and or running multiple lines

Mac Attack

« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Both. You can make them release and slide, but I find they just go down to the fish and lure and I don’t like that. I set them so they stay where they are which for the most part is suspended in the air while fighting a fish, the quickly take them off, which is about just before the fish sees the boat and takes a good run before you jet them. I was skeptical of the whole deal, but really like them and have got some good early season salmon using this method.

I agree with this.

I use Church walleye model boards.
I have modified them with a stainless steel pin instead of the plastic one.
Also have tattle tail flags and better line clip that cinches down tighter than the stock ones.
A lot of $$$ invested in my boards, but they work great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.