FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anybody fish Carding Mill Pond?  (Read 1082 times)

Spider1

Anybody fish Carding Mill Pond?
« on: Apr 20, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Hey guys, I'm gonna be in Sudbury for the week next week on business and I'll be staying a mile from this lake. I was wondering if anyone fishes it and what kind of access there is. Can it be fished from shore?

westernmas

Re: Anybody fish Carding Mill Pond?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2018, 09:03 AM »
Not from the area but I found this for you..."Carding Mill Pond, the second largest pond in Sudbury, abuts the Wayside Inn property to the south and is accessible by public trails running through the Wayside Inn grounds. Private homes encircle most of the remaining perimeter of the pond, with a Town-owned small field of conservation land to the west, accessible to the public along Dutton Road."

But it also goes on to say...."Carding Mill Pond also suffers from severe eutrophication as a result of its nutrient-rich Hop Brook headwaters. During the warm months, the pond becomes choked with the invasive aquatic weed water chestnut, algae and duckweed. An island in the middle of the pond serves as an annual breeding ground for great blue heron, snapping turtles and the invasive mute swan."

Hopefully others from the area will chime in.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Spider1

Re: Anybody fish Carding Mill Pond?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Thanks. Yeah, I saw that too. Figured it was open to the public and I saw a goggle maps view of it. Figured that maybe at this time of year the weeds won't be too bad. I ask only because I really don't want to bring the kayak if I can't use it. Even sitting on the shore fishing for bullheads would be better than sitting in my room watching tv every evening.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.