FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: need a new landing net for sebago  (Read 5470 times)

marabou

Re: need a new landing net for sebago
« Reply #15 on: Apr 23, 2018, 07:36 PM »
Sea monkey is on the right track they had some good rubber long handle ones

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #17 on: Apr 23, 2018, 09:40 PM »
I have the Frabill conservation series landing net that I bought from Bass Pro. It's been all right so far, I've had it two years.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/frabill-conservation-series-flat-bottom-landing-net

JDK

« Reply #19 on: Apr 24, 2018, 05:47 AM »
I use a Fabril Stalker which I believe is now the Tru Trax.  No issues and rugged as all heck.  While I don't consider myself spleeny, I'd like something a little lighter when fishing alone.

# SAND

chillywillie

• Team Maine
« Reply #20 on: Apr 24, 2018, 10:21 AM »
I have the Frabill conservation series landing net that I bought from Bass Pro. It's been all right so far, I've had it two years.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/frabill-conservation-series-flat-bottom-landing-net

I have one of these as well and I like it.  The handle extends quite a bit and it's a lot lighter and less drag in the water than rubber.

joefishmore

« Reply #21 on: Apr 25, 2018, 02:12 PM »
You might not need one

fishsluggos

« Reply #22 on: Apr 26, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Hi fishlessman,

I have an EGO S2 slider net and swear by the net and the support. Last year I broke where the net screws into the shaft and it was 3 years old (beyond the warranty) and they sent me a brand new one. No questions asked. I don't know of many companies that will do that.

https://www.egofishing.com/s2-slider-nets

Whatever you choose good luck and tight lines.

sul

Tunker

« Reply #23 on: Apr 27, 2018, 08:00 AM »
fishsluggos - what is the netting material on your EGO2?  I am contemplating the Reach model and while I like rubber nets I am curious about the PVC option.  I would like less weight and drag in the water but don't want to be fighting hooks stuck in the netting.  I could use the longer handle due to my boats configuration but worry the rubber basket would be like throwing a drift sock over the side.

Thx

fishlessman

« Reply #24 on: Apr 27, 2018, 09:28 AM »
TUNKER

the ego2 is really a nice net, the clear rubber one started failing for me the second year. looking at the rubber coated nylon version now.  whats nice for me is the slide handle, you can pick up the fish and slide the handle in to get the fish in the boat instead of poking people behind you. everyone is pretty much standing in the back of my boat. the handle works great for salmon but lakers over 10 pounds it feels like it will break, i keep the old tangle net for those. hook tangles with salmon are almost always worse than the lakers anyways. not bad with the drag in the water but it could use a deeper design.  the weak point is the net/handle connection, it needs tweaking/taping unless they fixed that design

Tunker

« Reply #25 on: Apr 27, 2018, 10:53 AM »
Thanks!  I was wondering how it would perform fully extended and am always hesitant to but something like this that I haven't had a chance to paw over first.

stguy

« Reply #26 on: Apr 27, 2018, 02:07 PM »
I scored one of the EGO S2's in the bargain cave this morning, I've been eyeing them for a while, this one had the nylon net but I'm going to swap it out with the rubber Frabil I already have, it was cheap enough to make an experiment out of.

I have the same problem with poking people in the eyes.

SilverSides

« Reply #27 on: Apr 28, 2018, 11:57 AM »

fishsluggos

« Reply #28 on: Apr 29, 2018, 02:18 PM »
fishsluggos - what is the netting material on your EGO2?  I am contemplating the Reach model and while I like rubber nets I am curious about the PVC option.  I would like less weight and drag in the water but don't want to be fighting hooks stuck in the netting.  I could use the longer handle due to my boats configuration but worry the rubber basket would be like throwing a drift sock over the side.

Thx

I have the clear rubber net. I release most salmon and that does the least damage and allows for quick releases. The PVC coated ones are newer and may work just as well. A little lighter weight I'm guessing as well.

Tunker

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2018, 10:02 AM »
That is the exact one I have and the net didn't make it one season  >:(.  I put the Frabil rubber net on it but the weight and drag in the water makes netting difficult.  I also have not been able to find the replacement thermal plastic net as I was going to try that again since when I bought it that netting was brand new.  I was hoping they made some improvements.  I also release all my fish so I want to make it good on them, but also better on me. 

This is what I use.....fairly lightweight compared to the original rubber nets, which is important fishing solo.

www.kitterytradingpost.com/fishing-marine/tools/nets/ed-cumings-thermal-plastic-rubber-landing-net---2-piece-30813.html?cgid=0#q=Cumings+net&srule=price-high-to-low&sz=48&start=1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.