FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout  (Read 1633 times)

Teacherpreacher

Trout
« on: Apr 26, 2018, 09:00 AM »
Just got home Sunday evening from a quick trip to NC south of Gatlinburg about 40 miles. Met up with two Nephews who live in Charlotte , their old roommates from college and 8 other guys. An annual thing.

Weather was great, in high 70's and 80.

Fished trout in Nantahala River right out door of beautiful lodge. Caught Rainbow, Browns and one Brookie. That area is all catch and release during this time of year. I'm not much of a trout fisherman but caught several. I tied up 150 favorite flies of my Nephew's and we caught all the trout on them. I learned a lot about trout and trout fishing while tying flies. I don't know how they can tie those # 20's and smaller. I went as small as 16's, that was it.

Some that I tied were: Cooper John's, Beadhead Hare's Ear, Pat's Nymph, Pheasant Tail Nymph, Prince Nymph, Elk Hair Caddis, Flex Floss Blood Worm, UV Shrimp Fly, Pearly Griffiths Gnat and Cow Dung to name a few.
Was fun!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Trout
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2018, 09:48 AM »
My wife and I had our Honeymoon in Gatlinburg TN and had a blast! I flew my rods down and fished Lake Fontana for bass and I also brought my fly rods and fished ALL over Gatlinburg. My favorite spot was Le Conte Creek. Wild rainbows and brook trout. The West Prong Little Pigeon River was also fantastic! Looking forward to going back.
Wicked Wec

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2018, 10:33 AM »
Did you catch any bass from Fontana? I fished it twice this time of year with no luck.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Sure did. Bass, white perch and walleye all on spoons. Find the bait fish and the fish were all over them. I know we put in at Tsali Campground Rd. Hope this helps.
Wicked Wec

TennesseeFreeze

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Very Cool Teach! :D

kfishdoctor

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2018, 07:48 PM »
A change is always neat. New things, new fish and catching them is what its all about. Glad you did well TP.

RoeBoat

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2018, 09:05 PM »
Sounds like a great trip!  No pics?

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2018, 09:16 AM »
Duh! No pics! Have them on my I-Phone but don't know how to get them on site????

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2018, 09:22 AM »
Can you email them to me at [email protected]        ?

If so I can put them on my imgur site and post them for you nice and big.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2018, 09:23 AM »
A change is always neat. New things, new fish and catching them is what its all about. Glad you did well TP.

Very true. Some states plant several species of trout which makes it interesting. Many are going with just cookie cutter rainbows.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2018, 12:02 PM »
Here you go teacher preacher: (Click on the link to get the video).

https://i.imgur.com/fobMjkNl.mp4

In your first pic you labeled it as a "Rainbow under the Bridge." That's a brook trout.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2018, 03:29 PM »
Thanks taxid for help with pics. My bad on the brookie. I did catch a couple rainbow under bridge also.
Teach

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.