FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Crappie fishing picking up yet on the Sally an Missi areas?  (Read 4298 times)

TennesseeFreeze

Re: Crappie fishing picking up yet on the Sally an Missi areas?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 12:55 PM »
I think I'm gonna try to be present at one of these weigh-ins.  Im super curious to see what the Pros come up with!

Daybreak

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 11:44 AM »
I was on Mississinewa yesterday and everywhere we went we saw spider rigging going on and people lifting or netting fish into their boats.  I would guess it is going to show they had a pretty successful day.  We did OK ourselves for just putting in the time to learn the lake better. We were casting 1/16 jigs to rocky/gravel areas that electronics showed were holding fish.  Ended up with 36 on the clicker, biggest was 11.5", all released.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

bigr

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 01:16 PM »
Last I heard from buddy that is in tourney said leading team was near 11lbs for 7 fish. He thought big fish was 1.90 lb. Sally I would expect to be show larger fish and heavier weight.

bigr

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 07:25 PM »
Just heard from buddy and he said winner on Sally was near 11 lbs as I expected. He didn’t say what big fish was. If I hear I’ll let all know. If someone on here knows totals for two day event please post. Next weekend weights will be higher if nothing changes. The resi’s are at there best right now and no need to go far for great numbers and size.

lovetfish

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 08:37 AM »
I believe the big fish Sun was 2.38lb it was a monster there were a lot of fish got at sally all teams had there limits

tater140

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 08:36 AM »
1.5# average not bad.  people around there should take advantage of all those eaters!!!

thanks to those that posted results.
i'm trying to get down there, but the dang work thing is crazy at the moment.  Also with kids in sports its just a busy time right now... but would love to get on a few of them.  I may have to take a day off of work soon.... shhhhh!!!

taxid

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 08:48 AM »
Friend called for me to come down tomorrow but too crazy here. Will go down sometime this weekend.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Big Buck

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2018, 09:59 AM »
The crappies arent biting....terrible bite!!!!

taxid

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2018, 12:42 PM »
did you ever go catch any of those whites you needed yet?

No that's what I'll be going down for this weekend.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2018, 12:43 PM »
The crappies arent biting....terrible bite!!!!

So is that how you get people to stay away from your fishing spots?  :nono: :whistling: :rotflol:

Big Buck

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 02:48 PM »
It doesnt work....worth a try!!!

bigr

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2018, 02:55 PM »
Taxid you'll want to give the rip rap on the front of the dam a good try. Just move around and you'll find a good mess of spawners. Either from shore or boat. There will be a lot of tourney guys spider rigging in the area but plenty of room for as many that fish. Don't be afraid to fish shallow 8 to 10 in deep under bobber but most likely 4 to 6ft. A 1/16 oz jig head with a two inch curly tail or a plain tube without bobber works well also. You'll likely be shielded from wind if there is any. Good luck and have fun.

taxid

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2018, 09:48 PM »
Taxid you'll want to give the rip rap on the front of the dam a good try. Just move around and you'll find a good mess of spawners. Either from shore or boat. There will be a lot of tourney guys spider rigging in the area but plenty of room for as many that fish. Don't be afraid to fish shallow 8 to 10 in deep under bobber but most likely 4 to 6ft. A 1/16 oz jig head with a two inch curly tail or a plain tube without bobber works well also. You'll likely be shielded from wind if there is any. Good luck and have fun.

Thanks BigR! I only need six males and I'm headed back home.

ct83

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2018, 07:02 PM »
Tore em up today at the CREWS spot! You missed out today Tennessee i understand that life gets in the way thing though. Probly caught 50 or more but just keepers had a couple slabs but mainly just keepers.  Couldnt get them to hit my tube jigs if i was using a bobber they just wanted a steady slow retrieve color didnt seem to matter much either. But my stable blak and chartreuse seemed to be the best but also got some on the electric chicken color pink and chartruese slab daddy's. I think there about done spawning though but some fish were still doing there thing and some werent.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.