FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Wabash in the Bash  (Read 1200 times)

TennesseeFreeze

The Wabash in the Bash
« on: May 02, 2018, 07:37 PM »
I am done driving over the Wabash in "Wabash" to fish other locations for a few months. Its a diamond in  the rough. So what do you want?Walleye, sauger, sageye, large, small, white bass, bluegill, crappie, cats, there here. Its a borderline north/south fishery, never caught a pike or muskie here, but just north the Tippecanoe has em. I have caught 45 pound flathead' and walleye on the same day, its rare ya"ll, i mean crazy rare. What a diverse fishiery! If you fish the Bash in the Bash I want to here from you!!!

bigr

Re: The Wabash in the Bash
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 03:12 AM »
I am the #1 river rat of the Wabash. Your right, it's a real gem for variety. I've caught as many as 13 different species on a giving trip. If it stays dry the next month will be a real treat. When it runs clear like  its beginning to now you'll be able to target the runs as I call them staying away from the dead areas. You never know what you'll catch. I have caught a small musky but never a pike. Strippers and Kentucky bass at times. It pays to know your fish ID when fishing the Wabash. Even with some knowledge I have caught fish I'm not sure of. I keep a log of my fishing trips and one category is the different number of species I catch during the year. 37 is the most i've caught and most came from the river. 

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 07:40 AM »
You two really opened up my eyes to the variety of fish in the Wabash. I've done a lot of fishing over the years from Indiana to, Arkansa, Missouri, WI, MI, CAN, MN,IA, OH, but only fished one river, The Tippy! Guess I've been missing out!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

TennesseeFreeze

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 04:55 PM »
Teach your not missing out on much the way you get around! ;D Big R we will have to wet a line together one of these days. I like your style my friend. You are so right about the "dead areas".  River fishing is frustrating, the raise and fall is almost tidal, the clarity is chocolate milk, just endless variables it seems. I too keep a detailed fishing journal and would love to compare notes with you and others. I'm interested to see if we noted and saw the same results in the past!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.