FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Well this makes no sense  (Read 1719 times)

taxid

Well this makes no sense
« on: May 08, 2018, 09:04 AM »
I need to renew the registration (renew plated) on a small trailer I will use on Thursday to pick up a kayak. So I get on my account at the BMV on the Internet and everything is there except this trailer. I have registered it before and have the last registration printout and plate. I just annoys me I will have to make a trip into the BMV and waste part of my business day to get the trailer renewed.

Could it be because I haven't renewed it since 2014?  I have kept it on the property for use behind my mower since 2014 so there was no need to reregister it until now. I'm sure they will back charge me though even though I didn't use it on the road.

Anyone else have this happen?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Teacherpreacher

Re: Well this makes no sense
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 11:11 AM »
Oh Yea!
Have two boat trailers, 3 years ago the one for my duck boat showed on Internet, could not be renewed. registered at BMV but each year since not on my list on computer site. I live two Blocks from DMV so I register everything there and quit fighting computer site.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

sisabdulax

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 01:16 PM »
Colorado does the same deal. They fine you for not renewing it. I got slammed the first year they started it. Law passed in Jan. went into effect July 1. I went the 6th to renew (expired in Feb) they tried to back charge me to Feb. I said law just passed few days ago said it didn't matter. Fine was like 90 buck plus renewal. I inquired on how much ticket was they said 30. I figured for as lil as I used it I would just take my chances!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 01:50 PM »
Colorado does the same deal. They fine you for not renewing it. I got slammed the first year they started it. Law passed in Jan. went into effect July 1. I went the 6th to renew (expired in Feb) they tried to back charge me to Feb. I said law just passed few days ago said it didn't matter. Fine was like 90 buck plus renewal. I inquired on how much ticket was they said 30. I figured for as lil as I used it I would just take my chances!

What a law....

I am with you, I'd just take my chances..... 3 times. lol
Wicked Wec

Bowmandan

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 05:48 PM »
Tell them it was broken so you could not use it.   Now you have it fixed so you want to license it again

taxid

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 08:17 PM »
Tell them it was broken so you could not use it.   Now you have it fixed so you want to license it again

Don't think it would matter.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 08:32 PM »
Bad news and good news. Went to the DMV today and the first thing I hear when I come in the door was, "We aren't doing renewals or or registration today due it being an Election Day." Say what?  :unsure:  They're lucky I didn't go postal!   :w00t:

So I quickly calm down and ask if I can just ask one question: "Why can't I register the trailer online? Why isn't it online in the database?

So the lady says, "let me see your last certificate of vehicle registration." Turns out she was able to get it into the database and I was able to register online when I got home! God bless her! She thought the trailer wasn't in he database since the last time it was registered was in 2014. But my twin brother has a traffic violation on there from 1976!

I felt sorry for the lady at the DMV. She was getting some really angry people after she told them no renewals or registration today!

taxid

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 12:41 PM »
they should have taken the day off without pay then!

did you have to pay the back fees too?  i have a trailer here that i mite as well scrap if so. lmao

They make you pay back one year along with the present one. So my fee was doubled at sixty some dollars for a little 4 by 6 trailer not counting the tongue.

I think that is wrong on so many levels. They need a class acton suit!

If you're not using it you shouldn't have to pay for that year.  And if they think you're taking it out on the road expired then the cops can deal with that.

tater140

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 02:13 PM »
If you're not using it you shouldn't have to pay for that year.  And if they think you're taking it out on the road expired then the cops can deal with that.
It may be cheaper to deal with a fine for no plates if you don't use a trailer much.  Mine is the same size and I really don't use it hardly enough to justify 30 $/yr. 
After paying approx. 600.00 for all my vehicles, boats, campers, etc... I'm starting to re-think some things here.

Bowmandan

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 08:54 PM »
600 is cheap for your vehicles.    I am at almost 2 grand

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.