FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rock Bass - Nuisance?  (Read 3868 times)

jibbs

Re: Rock Bass - Nuisance?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 04:37 AM »
They must of moved it..no problem with parking..Atleast the rock bass didn’t bite but neither did the smallies..water was 47-49
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 07:59 AM »
I have only cleaned a few, but I remember them having a lot of bones and not the biggest filets. They tatsted great however, and I don’t think you will have an issue catching a pile of them.
Rock Bass are a boon for kids fishing around the docks.  I don't find them boney but I find them almost as tasty as blue gill.  Its funny that we love our invasive white perch while Lake Champlain anglers are trying to kill them off?
Dick

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 08:29 PM »
Rock Bass are a boon for kids fishing around the docks.  I don't find them boney but I find them almost as tasty as blue gill.  Its funny that we love our invasive white perch while Lake Champlain anglers are trying to kill them off?
Dick
I agree with your statement re: white perch, Champ, and the different perspectives.
"One man's junk is another's treasure."
Rock bass are another thing, IMO.
They're multiplying rapidly in Winni. Every one of them is eating forage that would put more weight on the more desirable species. They're detrimental to the lake!  They obviously, never should have been put in there. Shame on those that did!
Re: boon to the kids, there's plenty of fish to be caught in Winni and many other NH water bodies. I'm all about getting kids introduced/addicted to fishing but have never been a fan of participation awards/rewards.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 07:31 AM »
They must of moved it..no problem with parking..Atleast the rock bass didn’t bite but neither did the smallies..water was 47-49

Yep, I was there yesterday and parking lot was clear, excellent. We had a slow day with the coldwater too, just one fairly nice 19" salmon for the morning. We stopped fishing by 11am. I was reading just under 51F surface temps on Sunday.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 11:31 AM »
Nice!

1 month now until I am hitting the big lake. Anyone see any smallies moving onto beds yet?
Wicked Wec

jibbs

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 05:07 PM »
Sunapee is still way to cold..I saw one bed and it was largie bed
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.