FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: slough in the morning  (Read 7165 times)

northrn-duck-assassin

Re: slough in the morning
« Reply #30 on: Jun 01, 2018, 07:09 PM »
GOT MY PERSONAL BEST REDEAR TODAY 11 7/8. WE GOT A 3 MAN LIMIT TODAY BUT IT TOOK 5 HOURS.

You enjoying them 7.5 inchers?? 😁
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #31 on: Jun 01, 2018, 09:03 PM »
You enjoying them 7.5 inchers?? 😁
NOTHING WRONG WITH 7 1/2 INCH GILL. MOST WERE 8 TO 9 COUPLE 10. HAVEN'T YOU BEEN GETTING THE BIG BULLS THIS YEAR?

taxid

« Reply #32 on: Jun 01, 2018, 11:06 PM »
GOT MY PERSONAL BEST REDEAR TODAY 11 7/8. WE GOT A 3 MAN LIMIT TODAY BUT IT TOOK 5 HOURS.

Congrats Al. I got your PM and responded.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

« Reply #33 on: Jun 02, 2018, 08:08 AM »
ELECTRIC MOTORS ONLY. DOUBT THAT WOULD THE WEEDS R SO THICK.

taxid

« Reply #34 on: Jun 02, 2018, 12:53 PM »
I use tilapia I hatch and raise on the farm to control my filamentous algae and rooted plants in my biggest pond. No chemicals and weed cutting needed. I plant about a dozen broodfish into one of my smaller ponds in the spring and let them reproduce with no feeding needed. Then in the fall I seine out a few hundred of the offspring and put them in one of my basement DIY recirculating tanks and grow them out until spring. Then the cycle is started all over again with planting broodfish and I plant about 100 eight to twelve inch fish into the biggest pond and sell the excess to local pond owners.

One of the other benefits is they constantly spawn which provides forage for the bass along with available bluegills.  Sure beats the expensive chemicals and labor needed otherwise.

No worries about them taking over the ponds as they die when water temps drop below 50 F.

They don't touch my bullrush so do cut it out late in the fall when it turns brown and dies and burn it. I like the bullrush along the shore but when it dies in the fall it builds up on the bottom which I don't want. Comes up nicely again in the spring.

A certain number of blue tilapia will control the filamentous algae but if you stock more they will control the rooted plants. I once had a couple hundred in a 1/10th acre pond and they left the bottom like a moonscape! Even went after the grass growing in the shallows!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jig_Head

« Reply #35 on: Jun 02, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Wow that's a great reader, congrats

abishop

« Reply #36 on: Jun 02, 2018, 03:54 PM »
then you would just have to let rope out and pull it in manually.  it would work just fine that way.  you could rig old weed eater shaft to a cordless drill maybe?  put a plywood saw blade on the end?  if its so weed chocked you have to long pole threw holes id be coming up with something.  sounds like its one heck of a meat producer if you could get at them.

and WHY YOU YELLING AT ME?  lmao
I POST WITH CAPS ON. DOESNT MEAN I AM YELLING

taxid

« Reply #37 on: Jun 02, 2018, 06:10 PM »
OK THEN

how much do you sell them for taxi?  do they get big enough to eat by fall?

I get $4.00 each for 8 to 11 inch fish which is a bargain as a friend that sells and stocks them with his pond management company gets $15.00 a pound for them. That said I don't raise them to sell. I only sell extra fish.

abishop

« Reply #38 on: Jun 06, 2018, 06:46 PM »
Going to try in the morning. Anyone else going?

Spooled85

« Reply #39 on: Jun 07, 2018, 07:24 AM »
Going to try in the morning. Anyone else going?

I may , I have some stuff to take care of in the morning then hoping to load the boat an the dog up and head out to the Slough or Bruce . Is it worth heading out the way about 10 Al ? Or is the bite done by then ?

abishop

« Reply #40 on: Jun 07, 2018, 12:32 PM »
Lake is very  weedy. They were spraying today. The road is closed for paving. Only kept 16 nice ones. It is HOT.... Done by 1130. Time to start chasing the perch.

indianahooker

« Reply #41 on: Jun 08, 2018, 05:38 AM »
do you chase perch every year after they spray the lake weeds?

abishop

« Reply #42 on: Jun 08, 2018, 07:40 AM »
do you chase perch every year after they spray the lake weeds?
different lake. I fish perch in lake Michigan. slough is over. imho

den58

« Reply #43 on: Jun 22, 2018, 03:15 PM »
Anyone been fishing the slough lately thinking about going Sun if the weeds aren't to bad

abishop

« Reply #44 on: Jun 22, 2018, 05:00 PM »
Good luck, I know they were spraying a couple weeks ago. My guess is they r bad.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.