FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout/Salmon stream ?  (Read 2360 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Trout/Salmon stream ?
« on: May 22, 2018, 08:47 AM »
Hey all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a wader-able river or stream either around or within a half hour/45 minute ride of Moultonboro/Center harbor area? Fly fishing is fine but I would have a buddy tag along with me and he does not fly fish. We would most likely toss spinners or even night crawlers bounced on the bottom with circle hooks. Just looking for a spot to tread some water and catch some fish, even smallies. I have been trying to wader streams in the Alton bay area for years and never found anything other than smallies. Any help would be appreciated. Looking to put a few hours into a spot while up in NH on vacation.
Wicked Wec

zwiggles

Re: Trout/Salmon stream ?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 10:55 AM »
The bearcamp river is a bit of a drive, but it is a nice stretch of river. Also I’ve never fished the outflows from big dan hole pond but it’s another place I have wanted to try and explore.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 11:48 AM »
The bearcamp river is a bit of a drive, but it is a nice stretch of river. Also I’ve never fished the outflows from big dan hole pond but it’s another place I have wanted to try and explore.

Thats actually only 21 miles and a 35 minute ride from where I am staying. I may actually hit this place up. Looks fairly shallow and perfect for waders and pretty much exactly what I am looking for. Any idea what fish species are in here and if there are any fishing restrictions? I will try to find some info on it as well.
Wicked Wec

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 11:54 AM »
Not sure in the regs. Definitely check each water body before you go. That time of year trout may be scarce, but I’m not sure. Even if it’s not fishy they both look like beautiful areas to explore.

brownbagger247

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 04:53 AM »
Browns

Mr.Harry

« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2018, 08:48 AM »
Yes, Brownies. I know a guy who inherited a camp on it. Doesn’t know his foot from his elbow when it comes to fishing, but he managed to catch one, and I ID’d it for him. They’re in there. I’ve been meaning to try it out myself.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2018, 10:22 AM »
We are definitely planning on hitting this river up with our waders. Bouncing night crawlers for the most part but I will also do some fly fishing once I can locate some fish. Does anyone know an area to park and fish the river closest to lake Ossipee? Not sure if I can park at the Pizza Barn or the street next to it called Riverside Landing but I would love to try this section of the river. If not maybe we can access it where Rt16/25 cross it the first time. The other area I am wondering if there is parking is Bartlett Mill Road where the bridge crosses.

I definitely know we can park and access the river near the Whittier bridge and the Econo Lodge right off 25/16 so these are the go to as of now.
Wicked Wec

brownbagger247

« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2018, 04:35 AM »
Pizza barn out back there's a bridge or across the road from pizza barn there's a spot, also Whittier bridge or further north.. Lots of spots to access. Shallow visible water with deeper pockets on the bends and lots of down trees/structure..that water stays cold all summer.  Good luck! Keep us posted

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Pizza barn out back there's a bridge or across the road from pizza barn there's a spot, also Whittier bridge or further north.. Lots of spots to access. Shallow visible water with deeper pockets on the bends and lots of down trees/structure..that water stays cold all summer.  Good luck! Keep us posted

Thanks for this info! I think Whittier bridge area looks nice. I may work those bends north of the bridge. Any idea if there are bass in this river as well or is it primarily trout with a possible salmon? It looks like Sunday will be the day we are going to wade this. Nice way to spend fathers day. If anyone is around, let me know if you want to hook up. More than likely i will be bouncing night crawlers on the bottom and tossing some spinners with a 5' trout rod.
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #9 on: Jun 25, 2018, 06:10 AM »
I just want to thank you guys for the info on this river. we managed to score some native brookies and I also managed a beautiful brown. after that we had fun with a school of big suckers before we called it a day. thanks again, now back to reality.

Wicked Wec

brownbagger247

« Reply #10 on: Jun 28, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Glad you got on them! Thanks for the pics..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.