FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Moon phase for trout  (Read 1029 times)

Bassman19

Moon phase for trout
« on: May 29, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Anyone want to share what moon phase they do best for catching trout at night on the lakes here?

tater140

Re: Moon phase for trout
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 10:09 AM »
Yes, lights.  I have caught quite a few while fishing for bluegills in the summer under lights.  Wasn't specifically targeting trout, but they do show up

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 12:05 PM »
I can't be that selective. I go fishing whenever I can, not always when the weather or other things are "just right."

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 03:04 PM »
I find there’s more action at dawn and dusk. But fishing by a permanent light (dock or street lights that are on every night) can be productive as the fish are attracted to the food that the light attracts, and they are use to the light being there. But in general, the brighter the moon, the more the fish may feed throughout the night. I read that the bigger browns are more active at night, but I guess haven’t tried often enough to hook into one yet. However, I’m in the North east so that may be completely different in your waters.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.