FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: any help?  (Read 1765 times)

indianahooker

any help?
« on: Jun 04, 2018, 07:37 AM »
am thinking of hitting hurshtown res.  are there any tips specific to this res.?  am i fishing timber or weedy flats? is casting or trolling best.  would it be better at night or early morning?  is it clear or muddy, deep or shallow?

FWCanoeFisher

Re: any help?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2018, 08:24 AM »
am thinking of hitting hurshtown res.  are there any tips specific to this res.?  am i fishing timber or weedy flats? is casting or trolling best.  would it be better at night or early morning?  is it clear or muddy, deep or shallow?

There is absolutely no structure in Hurshtown with the exception of the pump tower on the far southwest corner and some weeds dispersed throughout.

It's literally riprap all the way around and relatively flat.

They're open from 7:30AM to 8:00 PM, Tuesday-Sunday.  There's also an admission fee ($4).

Smallies, crappie, gills, channel catfish, carp, and walleye all call Hurshtown home.  Any technique you use at other lakes will work here.

FWCanoeFisher

RoeBoat

« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2018, 08:45 AM »
Generally shallow and flat.  As said above, really no structure.  Trolling works best due to the lack of structure.  If you use a smaller shad type crank you will catch about anything that swims.  Flicker shad work good or anything Rapala.

Hankfan24

« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2018, 02:36 PM »
Remember that it's an electric motor only Lake, no gas motors allowed.

FW88

« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2018, 06:15 PM »
Best bite I think is first thing in morning or right when they are about to close.  Dies down after 10 AM.  Caught a few short walleye on Saturday with minnows.

indianahooker

« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2018, 06:20 PM »
opens at 7:30, bite dies at 10, and i have to pay to fish it.  dont sound like anywhere i want go after all. sounds more like a beach than a fishing lake. ill have more time in driving than fishing. 

thanks for the great tips though everyone!  that is very nice of you all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.