FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tri county  (Read 1650 times)

RoeBoat

Tri county
« on: Jun 07, 2018, 08:57 PM »
Has anyone been on any of the lakes at tri-county fwa?  Wondering what the weed situation is like.  Specificly on Spear if you've been.  Thank you!

gilldan

Re: Tri county
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2018, 03:22 PM »
 I can't answer your question about the weed situation at Tri County as I haven't been there yet this year.  Friend of mine has been going there but he hasn't been catching.  Couple of buddies of mine went to Round at Tri lakes last wed and caught some.  It was tough fishing as the trout wouldn't leave then alone but they managed some gills and perch.

RoeBoat

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2018, 12:19 PM »
Thanks for the response.  Ice fish on Spear usually at least a couple times but never been on it when the water was open.  Was told it weeds up bad.  I'd like to get up there and search for some big redear.  We caught good numbers but just no big ones.  Dang trout!!!

indianahooker

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2018, 06:15 AM »
do you ever get any decent hold over trout there, or just 12" stockers?  i never fished that lake before.

RoeBoat

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2018, 10:29 AM »
Not sure they put trout in Spear.  I've never caught one there or heard of them being in there.  I know they stock at least one of the other lakes on the property.

Daybreak

« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2018, 10:48 AM »
I know the lakes are trolling motor only, but can a 17' aluminum V be launched easily from any of the ramps?
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

RoeBoat

« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2018, 12:10 PM »
The ramp at Spear is good.  I'm not familiar with the others.  There is also a nice floating pier there, good paved lot.

gilldan

« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2018, 06:50 PM »
Spear and Shock are good paved ramps.  I put my 16' Sylvan in on both.  Barrel and half and Rothenberger are dirt ramps and shallow.  Another good ramp near there is at Indiana Village boat ramp.   But if there hasn't been some rain later in the summer the channel is too shallow to get thru.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.