FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: MC pier  (Read 1411 times)

Jig_Head

MC pier
« on: Jun 24, 2018, 10:40 AM »
I dont know if they're even still catching steelhead or not as I almost never salmon/trout fish but I'm gonna head down there tomorrow morning (Monday morning) at 5am. I could use someone to talk to if anyone wants to meet up

Boomer

Re: MC pier
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2018, 07:54 PM »
I'd go but I am without a vehicle. One is for my son to get to work; the other is for my wife who is going to visit family.

I was there last week on Monday. Only one bite I saw out of 15 people. It was on a crawler.

5:00 am may be a little late. I set up at 4 at daybreak.  There has been sporadic times of good fishing this year. I think the tourney is this weekend.

Good luck. Maybe we can meet up another time. I am south of LaPorte.

Boomer

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2018, 07:55 PM »
I'd go but I am without a vehicle. One is for my son to get to work; the other is for my wife who is going to visit family.

I was there last week on Monday. Only one bite I saw out of 15 people. It was on a crawler.

5:00 am may be a little late. I set up at 4 at daybreak.  There has been sporadic times of good fishing this year. I think the tourney is this weekend.

Heard from someone that alewives and shiners can be very good. Live, of course.

Boomer

Jig_Head

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2018, 10:33 AM »
Andddd I'm right back to not salmon and trout fishing again lol. Always get skunked. Counted 19 guys out there, counting myself, and only 4 steelhead and a drum were caught. I had 2 floats with shrimp and casted little cleos on a 3rd rod. Had to have seen a few dozen of em surface. Fished 5am to 930am. Beautiful morning tho and first day off work in awhile so I'm not complaining. Got a couple nice sunrise pics too.

Jig_Head

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2018, 10:35 AM »

Heard from someone that alewives and shiners can be very good. Live, of course.

Boomer
Sounds good man. I work in laporte

Boomer

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2018, 11:35 AM »
I am hoping to get out on Wed. or Thurs. morning. Weather allowing. Looked like a lot of people on the pier. Won't be long before they are hitting good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.