FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHIEFS BAIT ON RT. 12 IN MICHIGAN CITY  (Read 2228 times)

abishop

CHIEFS BAIT ON RT. 12 IN MICHIGAN CITY
« on: Jul 02, 2018, 05:57 PM »
Had a number last year for the bait shop. This year it is no longer a working number. Does anyone have the new number. I was wondering what time they opened. Think it was 6 am but if it is sooner I will get there earlier. Suppose to rain around noon. Hope to find them before that.

boondox

Re: CHIEFS BAIT ON RT. 12 IN MICHIGAN CITY
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2018, 08:11 PM »
Is the one you got the 1-219-874-4086 phone number??  Don't forget there open 6 am to 6pm so you may have missed them??

boondox

« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2018, 08:22 PM »
Are you fishing night crawlers or minnows or some thing different?? Or rather not say?? If looking for leaf worms or night crawlers ?? Try area  gas stations..  around here ours Carry dmf bait worms and waxies but if looking for leaches or minnows it's best to go to the Bait shop first.. you might be able to get a head start if getting leaf worms or night crawlers ?? Some guys don't think about that till to late

Spooled85

« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2018, 08:34 PM »
90 % of guys are using shrimp or minnows of different sorts..... And cheifs opens at 6 . And the have plenty of different minnows. Also there is casts bait and they usually open at 5 am in the summer hrs. And if you go to cheifs make sure to look at the picture of the cormorant the DNR caught and cut open ! It was packed plumb full of perch looked like 75 to 100 of them

boondox

« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2018, 11:17 PM »
90 % of guys are using shrimp or minnows of different sorts..... And cheifs opens at 6 . And the have plenty of different minnows. Also there is casts bait and they usually open at 5 am in the summer hrs. And if you go to cheifs make sure to look at the picture of the cormorant the DNR caught and cut open ! It was packed plumb full of perch looked like 75 to 100 of them

I don't know why they don't allow hunting of cormorants? Those are a plage of one of the smaller lakes around here kensington..  all them dang birds do is eat ans eat fish all day long!!  There also bad on the great lakes too..

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2018, 04:12 AM »
Is the one you got the 1-219-874-4086 phone number??  Don't forget there open 6 am to 6pm so you may have missed them??
That is the 1 that I have.

Spooled85

« Reply #6 on: Jul 03, 2018, 04:27 PM »

I don't know why they don't allow hunting of cormorants? Those are a plage of one of the smaller lakes around here kensington..  all them dang birds do is eat ans eat fish all day long!!  There also bad on the great lakes too..

Ya I tried to find a pic of it online to post it on here buts it must be to fresh. The one thing I would like to know is where was the bird fishing lol

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Jul 03, 2018, 04:55 PM »
I asked them today if they had changed their number. Was told that it has been the same for the past 20 years. ??????

boondox

« Reply #8 on: Jul 03, 2018, 06:19 PM »
I asked them today if they had changed their number. Was told that it has been the same for the past 20 years. ??????

Some people for some reason don't answer the phone 15 minutes before closeing??  I see your orignal post was at 5:57pm I am guessing that's what hppened?  Other then that I don't know what to tell you??

boondox

« Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2018, 06:23 PM »
Ya I tried to find a pic of it online to post it on here buts it must be to fresh. The one thing I would like to know is where was the bird fishing lol

There's 15 or so that live at kensington lake.. that lake  only has large bass and pike in it now that are starving.  Thanks to those birds..as for were to find perch this time of year  try grass flat or weedy areas  beds in 15 fow aND less around the edges of them .. if you get one or two and bite stops move on to next..  that's how we do it on erie..

Spooled85

« Reply #10 on: Jul 03, 2018, 08:32 PM »
Copy that , thank you

Boomer

« Reply #11 on: Jul 03, 2018, 09:53 PM »

Would YOU eat one of those birds?

boondox

« Reply #12 on: Jul 03, 2018, 09:58 PM »
Would YOU eat one of those birds?

People eat racoon. Opasums , coyote , etc I am sure some one might want to??

boondox

« Reply #13 on: Jul 03, 2018, 10:02 PM »
Here's a good video for that question..

https://youtu.be/CDqiadVBT6I

abishop

« Reply #14 on: Jul 04, 2018, 07:06 AM »
After seeing that pic of all the perch in that birds gut, I can understand why them birds will decimate the perch. I can remember by Inland the hole in the wall used to hold probably 200 to 300 commorants. KILL THEM ALL I SAY.... long live the perch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.