FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trash  (Read 3533 times)

got em

Trash
« on: Jul 18, 2018, 12:35 PM »
 >:(   Pigs (people not fish ) are at lock 2 on the Hudson River. . Trash all over at the South end of the lock. .  >:(.  I took out a garbage bag full . . Turned in the cans /bottles and got a couple bucks. . Don't understand their mentality. .

WalleyeWonder

Re: Trash
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2018, 12:44 PM »
Happens to often. How hard its it to put line, wrappers in a pocket. A stereotype I don't want. People like that around here have ruined access in many great spots and opportunities for respectful people like you and I. Can't fix lazy. Never will
Jiggin' Like A Fool

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2018, 12:49 PM »
>:(   Pigs (people not fish ) are at lock 2 on the Hudson River. . Trash all over at the South end of the lock. .  >:(.  I took out a garbage bag full . . Turned in the cans /bottles and got a couple bucks. . Don't understand their mentality. .
you should have went to the lock house and told the lock operator ---the lock system is all private lands
at one time the operator for lock 2 lived in greenville on rt.81
we would get you plate no. and give it to the cops.'big fine'
that was when the thruway owned it,now the power aut.owns it ,cuomo gave it to then
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

got em

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2018, 01:06 PM »
Thanks rat next time I will inform the lock operator. .  ;) . . Yeah ya really can't fix stupid. .  :'( . .

oatkasut

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2018, 01:37 PM »
It really has an impact!I talked to a land owner who is considering closing off his property and stream access because of all the trash people leave behind. I always bring a trash bag to pick up other people's stuff on the way out.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2018, 02:25 PM »
It really has an impact!I talked to a land owner who is considering closing off his property and stream access because of all the trash people leave behind. I always bring a trash bag to pick up other people's stuff on the way out.
and so do i and will till i die--if more did that there would be no junk to pick up
RAT

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2018, 02:31 PM »
If everyone would remember one little state rule we would all be good.... ::)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2018, 02:36 PM »
If everyone would remember one little state rule we would all be good.... ::)

VERY TRUE, but you have to be able to read.
RAT

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2018, 02:59 PM »
I am one who always carries more out than i bring in. It's a shame.
Same holds true in the woods, the golf course, even the county fair.
the right thing to do is not leave a trail behind you. even better if you pick of the mess of others

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 18, 2018, 08:31 PM »
I'm not sure  but as far as I know the   locks and canals  are all run  by the  new York state  canal  corp  not the  power authority   but I may bee  wrong 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mac Attack

« Reply #10 on: Jul 18, 2018, 08:35 PM »
I'm not sure  but as far as I know the   locks and canals  are all run  by the  new York state  canal  corp  not the  power authority   but I may bee  wrong

"The New York State Canal Corporation is responsible for the oversight, administration and maintenance of the New York State Canal System.[2] In 2012, the Canal Corp., then a subsidiary of the New York State Thruway Authority, employed 529 people, consisting of 458 full-time employees and 78 seasonal workers. Its spending accounted for about 10 percent of the Thruway Authority's total $1.1 billion in annual spending. In 2012, the Canal Corp.'s operating budget was $55.7 million and its capital budget was $51.4 million.[15]
An August 2012 report by state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli said the canal system "contributed to the deterioration of the Authority's financial condition over the past decade", even as canal traffic had dropped nearly one-third since the period immediately before the Thruway Authority assumed control.[16]
Effective January 1, 2017, the New York State Canal Corporation became a subsidiary of the New York Power Authority. The move was authorized in April 2016 through the state budget process.[17] Its headquarters then moved from the Thruway Authority's offices to 30 S. Pearl St., Albany, the New York Power Authority's regional offices.[18]"

trapper2000

« Reply #11 on: Jul 18, 2018, 09:00 PM »
so mac the locks are still operated by the  thruway????  and the canal the power authority??? or is it  the canal corp that has it's office in with the power authority  ? and  yet this is all new York state  so we still pay for it with our taxes  :rotflol:

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #12 on: Jul 19, 2018, 06:53 AM »
TRAP- true, but the power authority runs the canal corp,just like the thuway did
cuomo-1- sold the canal system to the thruway because cuomo wanted money
and cuomo could not sell bonds but the thruway could.now cuomo-2- was getting
heat about the thruways always raising the tolls because of all the repairs need
on the canal system,so cuomo-2-'TOOK' the canal away from the thruway and 'GAVE'
it to the power authority,now your rates for elec.go up for the repairs more people paying
with the thruway less people pay and you see that
 :( :( :(
RAT.

trapper2000

« Reply #13 on: Jul 19, 2018, 05:55 PM »
TRAP- true, but the power authority runs the canal corp,just like the thuway did
cuomo-1- sold the canal system to the thruway because cuomo wanted money
and cuomo could not sell bonds but the thruway could.now cuomo-2- was getting
heat about the thruways always raising the tolls because of all the repairs need
on the canal system,so cuomo-2-'TOOK' the canal away from the thruway and 'GAVE'
it to the power authority,now your rates for elec.go up for the repairs more people paying
with the thruway less people pay and you see that
 :( :( :(
RAT.

rat the power authority is owned by the state of new York

Mac Attack

« Reply #14 on: Jul 19, 2018, 06:49 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.