FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT  (Read 6148 times)

filetandrelease

Re: NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
« Reply #15 on: Aug 13, 2018, 07:00 AM »

That’s great a live rumba , what will they think of next 😉

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Aug 13, 2018, 07:00 AM »
My great pair of beagle litermates when they were 6 months old, Sadie and Molly. Had to put Molly down last April and Sadie this April. They would have been 12 years old this past July.
Great hunters, probably best I've ever had! Were whistle trained and just super dogs.
I'm done. No more. I have a real nice dog insulated dog box that I built that wil easily house 3 dogs if anyone is interested.
Teach

So sorry to hear that. Been there done that a few times. It's like losing a member of the family. I have one now that is getting old and it's just a matter of time. I'm not looking forward to it. That said I get all my dogs from the local humane shelter once I'm done grieving. For me the best family dogs are the mutts. My present one is a pure bred American Akita and although I love her dearly, she has allergies and other issues that purebreds seem to have more often then the mutts.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Aug 13, 2018, 07:05 AM »
Here I am feeding up to a few hundred brook, brown, and tiger trout in the 14 to 17 inch range in my trout pond. Most are in the 16 inch range. Not really sure what the number of fish really is. I hatched these guys in December of 2016 in my basement. Had the eggs Fed Exed to me from Utah.

These fish should grow at least two more inches by time I harvest a good number in October, and ship them whole frozen to fellow taxidermists and replica makers from coast to coast. The fish I keep until next fall will be 18 to 24 inches and 4 to 6 pounds plus. Had six brook trout over 6 pounds a few years ago.

The lines across the pond are to keep out ospreys which became a problem this year. Working good so far. (Click on Watch Video on Youtube).

BTW discolored water is actually iron in the water from the well that feeds the pond to keep it cold. Doesn't bother the fish. With hatching and fry and fingerlings in the basement I filter the iron out.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

seamonkey84

« Reply #18 on: Aug 13, 2018, 07:12 AM »
Very cool!  All the small fish I feed in tanks on a daily basis don’t compare to this lol.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

filetandrelease

« Reply #19 on: Aug 13, 2018, 07:13 AM »

That was great thanks for sharing ,

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Aug 13, 2018, 07:15 AM »
Very cool!  All the small fish I feed in tanks on a daily basis don’t compare to this lol.

Oh I don't know they have their own fun qualities. At least you don't feed as much as I do twice a day!

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #21 on: Aug 13, 2018, 07:38 AM »
Quite a set up. Must have taken quite a while to pull those cords across pond and get them all tied up.
Very interesting.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Aug 13, 2018, 08:15 AM »
Quite a set up. Must have taken quite a while to pull those cords across pond and get them all tied up.
Very interesting.
Teach

Yes it was but had to be done. The ospreys were showing up 2 to 3 times a day. And of course they show up just after I leave on vacation!

taxid

« Reply #23 on: Aug 13, 2018, 08:16 AM »
That was great thanks for sharing ,

You're welcome.

BTW the brook trout strain I believe originally came from New York. IIRR the Rome, NY strain?

FWCanoeFisher

« Reply #24 on: Aug 13, 2018, 09:44 AM »
The lines across the pond are to keep out ospreys which became a problem this year. Working good so far. (Click on Watch Video on Youtube).

Are the yellow tags on the lines there so the Ospreys have something visual discouraging them from swooping into the lines?

taxid

« Reply #25 on: Aug 13, 2018, 10:28 AM »
Are the yellow tags on the lines there so the Ospreys have something visual discouraging them from swooping into the lines?

Yes! As much as I cringe they would take fish I don't want any harm done to them as in getting tangled in the line, which is 30 to 50 pound test cheap Zebco Omni mono line from Walmart. All the tags are actually a bright orange (orange duck tape), not sure why they showed up yellow in part of the video.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Aug 13, 2018, 10:33 AM »
Completely different!

Breakfast of champions while camping...... ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #27 on: Aug 13, 2018, 11:43 AM »

both are in 1 of the major food groups 😉

Gartoon

« Reply #28 on: Aug 14, 2018, 08:26 AM »

Chanterelle's

Gartoon

« Reply #29 on: Aug 14, 2018, 08:27 AM »

Oysters