FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Governor Sununu is an enemy of NHF&G Remember in Nov.  (Read 6141 times)

taxid

Re: Governor Sununu is an enemy of NHF&G Remember in Nov.
« Reply #15 on: Sep 02, 2018, 01:06 PM »
I thought I brought up the fact that are NH governor will give NHF&G only what his Republican backers permit him to approve?     He sold us out on the Sunapee boat access proposal. 

I vote on a Republican ballot for the primaries but I'm all over the place when it finally comes to election time. 
Dick

Which is the way it should be. I don't think you can automatically peg a party as being for and against something all the time.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

swnoel

« Reply #16 on: Sep 03, 2018, 05:44 AM »
I thought I brought up the fact that are NH governor will give NHF&G only what his Republican backers permit him to approve?     He sold us out on the Sunapee boat access proposal. 

I vote on a Republican ballot for the primaries but I'm all over the place when it finally comes to election time. 
Dick

Sounds like this has been a issue for years... why is it a Republicans fault when Democrats have been in power for years? He has more issues to deal with than this political hot potato that's existed for decades. I think he made it clear that this needs to be ironed out by the locals , they need to solve it or take it to court. No matter what he decides someone would be upset! I think he made the right decision... people need to start working things out among themselves with LESS government force!

BrookieSlayer99

• Trying to catch big bows and brookies!
« Reply #17 on: Sep 03, 2018, 10:13 AM »
Sounds like this has been a issue for years... why is it a Republicans fault when Democrats have been in power for years? He has more issues to deal with than this political hot potato that's existed for decades. I think he made it clear that this needs to be ironed out by the locals , they need to solve it or take it to court. No matter what he decides someone would be upset! I think he made the right decision... people need to start working things out among themselves with LESS government force!
Well all that he did is kill the one site that had a hope of becoming an access site. I find it highly unlikely that any other launching site would be "welcomed" on Sunapee by the locals and Lake Association alike.

zwiggles

« Reply #18 on: Sep 03, 2018, 10:30 AM »
Well all that he did is kill the one site that had a hope of becoming an access site. I find it highly unlikely that any other launching site would be "welcomed" on Sunapee by the locals and Lake Association alike.

They had been “working” on getting that site approved for 20+ Years. Their pockets are deeper than the states. We need another solution.

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #19 on: Sep 03, 2018, 11:52 AM »

It was a Republican governor's fault.  He chose this "hot potato".   The project needed an extension of the existing DES approval permit.  It was to be discussed at his governor's council meeting but he refused to let them hear it!!   That means that he took it out of the hands of NHF&G , NHDES and his own governor's council. 
Also, remember that the waters of NH belong the all the citizens, not just the locals and wealthy shoreline owners!!
Think how much water access we would have if we always had to ask for local community approval?
Dick

swnoel

« Reply #20 on: Sep 03, 2018, 01:17 PM »
Come on now...access sucks in NH! Maine is light years ahead of NH with access both fresh and saltwater! This has been a problem forever and it's not Sununu's fault... but you can blame him if you want, maybe even throw in Trump for good measures...

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #21 on: Sep 04, 2018, 09:30 AM »
This is probably a really dumb suggestion or already been considered, but how come they can't just dredge the channel at the State Park to allow deeper boats to access? What is that called, Chandler Brook? There is a ramp and parking already and it's just to shallow for anything other than small skiffs. I know dredging is a huge environmental nightmare and maybe it wouldn't even work, but how come they can't make that site work somehow, even if they made a new launch on that site somewhere?

zwiggles

« Reply #22 on: Sep 04, 2018, 10:36 AM »
That sounds way too logical jethro...

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #23 on: Sep 04, 2018, 06:24 PM »
I'm voting for "Jethro"!   :flag:

Jethro

« Reply #24 on: Sep 05, 2018, 09:51 AM »

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #25 on: Sep 08, 2018, 12:59 PM »
Seemed like a possible alternative  to F&G but NH Parks and Recreation completely disqualified the possibility because of wetland excavation (at a spawning stream) and lack of potential trailer parking. 
Dick

Jethro

« Reply #26 on: Sep 11, 2018, 12:26 PM »
Seemed like a possible alternative  to F&G but NH Parks and Recreation completely disqualified the possibility because of wetland excavation (at a spawning stream) and lack of potential trailer parking. 
Dick

Well I understand the wetland excavation but the trailer parking argument is strange, there are 14 trailer parking spaces there currently.

lowaccord66

« Reply #27 on: Sep 19, 2018, 01:56 PM »
Id pick a different lake.  Why swim upstream and who wants to stare at a fully developed shoreline anyways. 

Jethro

« Reply #28 on: Sep 25, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Id pick a different lake.  Why swim upstream and who wants to stare at a fully developed shoreline anyways.

All the big lakes are developed, can't escape that if you want big, deep lakes in NH.

lowaccord66

« Reply #29 on: Sep 25, 2018, 08:49 AM »
All the big lakes are developed, can't escape that if you want big, deep lakes in NH.

True.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.