Fishing Media > Fishing Pictures

Fishing in Japan

<< < (60/71) > >>

filetandrelease:

Impressive , thanks for sharing

Raquettedacker:
Niru-san very nice trout stream. Looks like the mountain streams here in the Adirondacks.   What kind of trout is that?
And that hot spring looks great..... :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:p

seamonkey84:
Very beautiful as always, I bet it’s nice getting out to a stream again!  The scenery and trout look like just like what we’d have here in Maine too. Very curious what kind of trout you have, that really looks like a brook trout.

TightLinesMaine:

--- Quote from: seamonkey84 on Jun 06, 2019, 09:19 AM ---Very beautiful as always, I bet it’s nice getting out to a stream again!  The scenery and trout look like just like what we’d have here in Maine too. Very curious what kind of trout you have, that really looks like a brook trout.

--- End quote ---

My guess is Salvelinus leucomaenis, or "whitespotted char"

They look real similar to brook trout when young/juvenile but start to look distinctly different as they grow older.  While the landlocked variety seem to be similar sized to eastern brook trout (fontinalis), it looks like they can get quite larger than eastern brook trout when sea-run/anadromous.  Very cool fish for sure...

niru_04:
> filetandrelease-san

Thank you. :D
I’ll also post fun pic.

>dacker-san
>seamonkey84-san
>TightLinesMaine-san

Thank you. :D
It’s “Iwana” in Japanese, and scientific name is Salvelinus. They are in the same group of brook trout and lake trout. “Iwana” is living in most upstream, and so popular fishing target fish in Japan. The biggest size is over 24".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version