FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512885 times)

icefisher47

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4725 on: Aug 05, 2022, 10:26 AM »
Everyone's gardens look great. We planted late because we thought we had to move. Our plants didn't do well. chipmunks and squirrels were happy though.
Take a kid fishing

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4726 on: Aug 05, 2022, 12:42 PM »
I think I'm giving up on the garden, chipmunks have eaten every tomatoes just before they ripened. Now they have pulled all the green ones off, nothing left I only had three plants. I still have yellow squash and zuchini,cucumbers also.

Mine has ended up looking like a prison camp. Between the rabbits, squirrels and deer, I have to cage everything to keep them out.

Only thing they don’t touch is my beloved garlic.

That would signal a full scale assault….no holds barred…..straight up “ shoot ‘em dead defense”.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

icefisher47

« Reply #4727 on: Aug 05, 2022, 12:52 PM »
Mine has ended up looking like a prison camp. Between the rabbits, squirrels and deer, I have to cage everything to keep them out.

Only thing they don’t touch is my beloved garlic.

That would signal a full scale assault….no holds barred…..straight up “ shoot ‘em dead defense”.

That would most definitely be a dead defense.
Take a kid fishing

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4728 on: Aug 05, 2022, 01:07 PM »
I think I'm giving up on the garden, chipmunks have eaten every tomatoes just before they ripened. Now they have pulled all the green ones off, nothing left I only had three plants. I still have yellow squash and zuchini,cucumbers also.

Small live traps are not to expensive.
I know it’s illegal but I have trapped many chipmunks, red squirrels and gray squirrels and relocated them all summer..
  Use to tie a rope to the trap and throw it in the pond for a while.  Guess I’m getting soft… :-\
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4729 on: Aug 05, 2022, 01:11 PM »
Bob electric fence for the deer.  That’s what I have. 
 Seen a lot of bunnies but I think they won’t go up into the raised beds.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishinator

« Reply #4730 on: Aug 05, 2022, 02:20 PM »

I have caught this guy in my raised beds. He doesn't seem to harm much, just lays around and chases the ladies. I only see him eating clover and dandelions outside of the garden.

icefisher47

« Reply #4731 on: Aug 05, 2022, 04:41 PM »

I have caught this guy in my raised beds. He doesn't seem to harm much, just lays around and chases the ladies. I only see him eating clover and dandelions outside of the garden.

Cute little guy
Take a kid fishing

fishinator

« Reply #4732 on: Aug 05, 2022, 05:37 PM »
He is pretty cool but he's anything other than "little". He's at least twice as big as the other rabbits running around.

gotagetm

« Reply #4733 on: Aug 05, 2022, 08:34 PM »
Red squirrels I believe are open year round and I must have 20+ rabbits here come October 1st be a few in sauce in Crock-Pot!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4734 on: Aug 06, 2022, 12:25 PM »
He is pretty cool but he's anything other than "little". He's at least twice as big as the other rabbits running around.

Doesn’t look wild to me. Probably an escapee or released pet.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #4735 on: Aug 06, 2022, 12:42 PM »
Doesn’t look wild to me. Probably an escapee or released pet.

I agree with Bob.

(I hope you were sitting down partner)   :laugh:

fishinator

« Reply #4736 on: Aug 06, 2022, 01:22 PM »
We were thinking the same. He is really funny to watch chase the other rabbits. He doesn't run, just hops. And not very fast either. He's very persistent though.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4737 on: Aug 06, 2022, 04:46 PM »

I agree with Bob.

(I hope you were sitting down partner)   :laugh:

Wait…my heart…aarrrrggghhh! No…I’m ok!

Mac Attack

« Reply #4738 on: Aug 06, 2022, 09:55 PM »
Wait…my heart…aarrrrggghhh! No…I’m ok!

👍

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4739 on: Aug 14, 2022, 05:13 PM »
Made some more dilly beans and started a batch of zucchini relish this afternoon with my garden goodies .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.