FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Why a kayak for fishing??  (Read 6544 times)

taxid

Re: Why a kayak for fishing??
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2020, 09:45 AM »
Taxid  ,   super mods, kind of futuristic.  Must weigh a bit?  It looks net propelled!
Dick

IIRR it's 70 lbs.

Net propelled? 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2020, 12:21 PM »
Only you can decide which type of watercraft you want and will buy.
For me, it was a no-brainer for the type of fishing I do.

Sit on top with basic rod holders.

Pros: doesn't need to be emptied out if it flips. Easy to carry in the bed of my truck. relatively inexpensive.

cons: weight, doesn't have a rudder or foot power.

equal benefits with kayak and canoes: both allow us to get to waters larger watercraft can't get to, which for me means more, larger fish possibilities!
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2020, 11:27 AM »
 8)  I apologize for doubting kayaks.  Yesterday afternoon , while  rowing around in my little tin boat I was accosted by three beautiful women wearing tiny bikinis and paddling economy kayaks.  They asked to see the stringer of crappie and asked
about cooking them.  I had to tell them about my secret Butter
flavored Crisco deep fry.  They didn't take me up on offer to come to camp for sampled :-X. .  No pictures!  Hard my camera but I was too mesmerized to take pictures. Got back to camp
and cut my self twice while cleaning crappie. 
Dick

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2020, 12:01 PM »
LOL!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Johnnh

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2020, 12:10 PM »
8)  I apologize for doubting kayaks.  Yesterday afternoon , while  rowing around in my little tin boat I was accosted by three beautiful women wearing tiny bikinis and paddling economy kayaks.  They asked to see the stringer of crappie and asked
flavored Crisco deep fry.  They didn't take me up on offer to come to camp for sampled :-X. .  No pictures!  Hard my camera but I was too mesmerized to take pictures. Got back to camp
Dick

Dick,
Sometimes pictures are required.
I suspect this might be one
John.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2020, 12:15 PM »
Dick

I do believe this may be your best post ever Dick... Better luck next time on getting them to the fish fry lol.

mowbizz

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2020, 02:17 PM »

Dick

Oh man! What a missed opportunity for selfies with beautiful women in bikinis! You will regret that!
(Or go right back there and troll for them!)  ;D

AquaAssassin

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2020, 04:22 PM »
I’m still doubting too, unless you show me some pics
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2020, 04:29 PM »
Pics or it didn’t happen!

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2020, 05:40 PM »
 :(  You guys are just jealous because you didn't catch any crappie.
Dick

taxid

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2020, 05:45 PM »
We used to have a nude retreat that abutted on a part of a reservoir down here. I heard some biologists were doing an eletroshocker survey one evening while there was a nude contest on the beach. The slowly cruised by and enjoyed the scenery.   :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

AquaAssassin

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2020, 05:57 PM »
We had a nudist colony In Nottingham here, it wasn’t pretty  :'( ;D

zwiggles

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2020, 07:18 PM »
Dick

You know what they say.... No pics, no bikinis!

Johnnh

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2020, 07:31 PM »
Was that the place over by Swains?]

taxid

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2020, 09:15 PM »
We had a nudist colony In Nottingham here, it wasn’t pretty  :'( ;D

A lot of older people right?

The wife still tells a story of the kids she took to Germany on an exchange program one year. They were all on bicycles and she warned them they were going to go by some nude sun bathers in a park. Of course the boys were looking forward to it. They rounded a corner and there was an overweight guy in his 70's with a big old potbelly shaking a mustard bottle. His thingy was bobbing up an down as he shook the bottle, the front bycycle came to a dead stop in shock, and they all collided with each other.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.