FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ball speed and temp?  (Read 4305 times)

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
ball speed and temp?
« on: May 21, 2006, 04:04 PM »
i will be adding speed and temp sensor at the ball, a i am wondering what you guys think the best unit is. I am leaning towards fish-hawk or a sub-troll.
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
Re: ball speed and temp?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:24 PM »
ive seen numerous units at work and i dont trhink it will matter much...

man i need one myself

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 02:16 PM »
I have the Fish Hawk. It is a little more than the others.  They are all about the same quality.  I would go with a cheaper brand.

spoonfed

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 02:59 PM »
sub troll

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 05:53 PM »
The only problem with the sub troll is the coated cable.  The more of the coating that comes off, the weaker the signal strength is.  The cable will have to be replaced more oftem.  Another problem is the antena.  Guys were having problems with weeds sticking to the cable and breaking the antena when it came up.  The down falls of the fish hawks are they are battery hogs and the speed seems to jump around more. 

WANNABFISHIN

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2010, 06:22 AM »
The only problem with the sub troll is the coated cable.  The more of the coating that comes off, the weaker the signal strength is.  The cable will have to be replaced more oftem.  Another problem is the antena.  Guys were having problems with weeds sticking to the cable and breaking the antena when it came up.  The down falls of the fish hawks are they are battery hogs and the speed seems to jump around more. 
Thought I'd bump this to the top since I am planning on buying one of these for the boat this year.  I was torn between the cannon and sub-troll.
Any info or comments on either of these.

polar bear

• Fishing isn't just something I do , its who I am..
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2010, 05:49 PM »
I bought 2 cannons this year for both my boats , they work great , but i rarely fish below 100 ft

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2011, 07:05 AM »
I have the depth raider now and love it, but they just came out with a new and improved fish hawk...If I didnt drop serious change on the raider just a few yrs ago I would probably get the new fishhawk now. they greatly improved the probe...which actually is now compatable with the older fishhawk head unit.
    A Country Boy can Survive!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.