FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: lake salam  (Read 4676 times)

bassfisher32

lake salam
« on: Jun 29, 2004, 11:49 AM »
any body fished it latley?  going up there on july 15-18

jf5

Re: lake salam
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2004, 01:35 PM »
Figuring it would be my only day to use the canoe, we decided to hit Big Salem lake that afternoon. As expected, the lake was busy with boats, and the weather was sunny and about 80, so this would be a tough situation. From 3:30-6 we drifted across the lake working the bottom with crawler harnesses and live minnows. We tried to work various depths from 15-40ft. I got a pair of large perch over 11" and my friend caught 3 smaller ones 7-9". Then after a quick break, we rowed up into little Salem and fished the pond near the mouth of the Clyde from about 6:30-9:30pm. Between the two of us, we got about 8 perch, all smaller than 9". I also got a midget pickeral. There where some boats out there trolling, but we didn’t see much catching going on, nevermind any walleye. It was cool watching the fireworks go over big Salem while out on the canoe though!!     

bassfisher32

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2004, 06:23 AM »
i bet it was i hope it isnt to busy the weekend of the 15 let me know when your going to the wachutts agan mabye we can meet up let me know

jf5

Re: lake salem
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2004, 11:16 AM »
I don't think it will be that bad, and if your concentrating on Little Salem,  then there should only be fishing traffic. Lake levels are low, so you know most of the little pond is 3 ft or less except for the two 9-10ft areas.

Even with the July 4th traffic on teh big lake, things where settling down fast by 5pm anyway.

When do you leave for TX??  I usually skip summer at Wachusett as it can be tough, and return to fish late October & November. but if ya want, we can try to work some fish off of the big drop offs.   

bassfisher32

« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2004, 06:35 AM »
im leaving when i get back from vt on the 18th so ill be around for another week got 2 bass yesterday one that was at least 41\2 pounds thanks bro lol

jf5

« Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2004, 08:57 AM »
Let us know how it goes this weekend!   

Well, I wouldn't be able to go to Wachusett until next weekend which is the 18th unfortunaly (I work weekdays), so it dosn't look good. Maybe if you get back up here somtime we could try it. 

bassfisher32

« Reply #6 on: Jul 09, 2004, 06:12 AM »
sure i have fameley up here but ill plan it so i can get icefishing thanksscott

jf5

« Reply #7 on: Jul 09, 2004, 12:44 PM »
Well, no ice fishing Wachusett  :)  But keep an eye out here (or shanty during ice season) and you will  find me. Maybe we can ice fish Salem sometime.

Good luck this weekend

Jason

bassfisher32

« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2004, 06:14 AM »
THANKS JASON ILL GET BACK TO TA WHEN WE GRT BACK FROM VT TK

jf5

« Reply #9 on: Jul 19, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Bassfisher,

How did it go??

bassfisher32

« Reply #10 on: Jul 30, 2004, 12:45 PM »
didnt make it went in the hosiptal the week before just got out this morning had about a foot of my large intesten taken out so my brother went to baker lake in maine. but im here for another month so well have to meet up some weekend

jf5

« Reply #11 on: Jul 30, 2004, 02:08 PM »
Bass,

Sorry to hear about your medical woes. I hope everyhting is OK. 

Certainly game for some fishing in the coming month. Let me know!

Heading up to the NEK again this weekend for a social event and some fishing. Should be hitting the Mississquoi River for trout and porbably the CT in Wells River for walleyes. I'll let ya know how it goes.

bassfisher32

« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2004, 04:30 PM »
been dying to hit mattaew in orange let me know

jf5

« Reply #13 on: Aug 02, 2004, 11:39 AM »
Hey Bass,

Have you ever fish Mattawa before?? Its pretty tough, especially without a boat.  Drop me a line at [email protected] and well arrange a trip somewhere in the coming weeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.