FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: catch and release  (Read 2052 times)

stripergirl

catch and release
« on: May 13, 2005, 07:49 AM »
I was down olong the Otter Creek this week only a few days after the trophy trout were released and was suprised to not see a single fish.  Is every one just catching and keeping?  I wonder how many people practice catch and release?

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
Re: catch and release
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 11:56 AM »
I got some inside info from a fish and wildlife employee.  They usually feed the heck out of the trophy trout right before they release them.  I fish the Otter Creek every spring and my experience has been that after the first good rainstorm of the spring muddies up the water, the fishing picks right up.  This is not gospel, just my own observations.  Be careful if you are not familiar with the areas you are fishing, the Otter Creek has some very deep holes that drop off quickly.  Good Luck.

Fish Farmer

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 08:15 PM »
Hey Mike,

FWIW I'm a fish and wildlife employee and I usually DON'T feed the heck out of them before I stock. They ride on the truck better with an empty stomach. I try to starve them for a couple of days to clean them out.

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 11:53 AM »
I guess I'll have to throttle my buddy who gave me the info.  Thanks for setting me straight.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.