FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: lake bombaseen  (Read 5252 times)

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
lake bombaseen
« on: Jun 26, 2005, 04:00 PM »
anny body know how the bassfishings been in lake bombassen latly, might end up making a trip up there.
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Little Brown Dog

Re: lake bombaseen
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Shrub buddy,
You need to slow down when you type and read it over before hitting the send button.  ???  There is spell check on here.  ;)

I assume you mean Lake Bomoseen in Castleton.  The bass fishing has been real slow from what I've been hearing.  :(

Good luck!

shrub

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2005, 11:41 AM »
thanks for the info, do you know how St. Catherin and Hortonias been
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Little Brown Dog

« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2005, 07:16 AM »
I didn't have any luck on St. Catherine last time I went out there.  I'm still trying to find fish now that there are no beds of milfoil.  Some of the native weeds are coming back though.

Haven't been to or talked to anyone fishing Hortonia.

shrub

« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2005, 09:53 AM »
thanks for the info lbd, i havent fished that area in about 3 years, we used to icefish hortonia all year, then we moved from bennington to brattleboro and it was just to far, but i am going too conservation camp on bomoseen this year so i will get to fish it from shore at least ;) tight lines

Little Brown Dog

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2005, 11:34 AM »
You'll have a great time at camp!  That's a great spot.  Maybe you can talk an instructor to let you fish from a canoe when you go out.

shrub

« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2005, 12:23 PM »
i went to the normal week a few years ago so this year im going to the advance week, hopefully i will be able to get  my trapping license

grasspikerel

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2005, 08:10 AM »
Please say you're planning to trap a lot of beavers.  Ways to many warming up the streams with their dams not to mention getting pretty aggressive on the lakes.

Not to generalize, but beavers are liberals!

shrub

« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2005, 11:28 AM »
i plan to trap coyotes, coons, skunks and beavers if i can find a place in my area.

grasspikerel

« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2005, 11:05 AM »
That's great to hear more trapping would be a big help.  How's the fishing been going?

shrub

« Reply #10 on: Jul 01, 2005, 11:36 AM »
its been pretty good, i got out to a local pond for L.M.B yesterday and got one. check out my fishing epic in the photo board  for details.

grasspikerel

« Reply #11 on: Jul 01, 2005, 03:20 PM »
Nice pics.  Seems you're doing pretty good.  Did you try hatchery Pond?  I heard they were draining it this year, I'm not sure why.  Did you get the story?

I thought Harriman was pretty mixed this year. Not much for sizeable salmonoids, more or less 13" to 16" trout and salmon.  Didn't get a single laker all spring.  Did you hear of any lakers caught since open water season began on harriman?  Maybe it's just me, but it could use a few more lakers based on my experience. 

shrub

« Reply #12 on: Jul 01, 2005, 05:08 PM »
they drained the hatchery pond  so they could fix the dam, i only fish it when its stocked any way. i did here of a nice brown coming out of heriman but i think it was in the rive coming out of it. you wouldn't happen to know of any place to minnow trap in the are would u??

grasspikerel

« Reply #13 on: Jul 01, 2005, 06:37 PM »
I had a good spot for crayfish, but some folks decided to steal my trap.  That minnow trap didn't produce much for minnows.  I don't know if the problem is lack of minnows or that those traps just aren't too effective.  For crayfish, some cooked chicken, cheese, or dead fish worked pretty good. Generally the lower elevation Ponds and stream would produce crayfish.  The problem is folks steal them.

shrub

« Reply #14 on: Jul 01, 2005, 08:57 PM »
i have a stream behind my house where i can trap creekchubs and crawdads, but the problem is if u dont get to ur trap every day the crawdadys wille at all the minnows, my buddy expences the same thing. i would really like to find a place to trap golden shiners.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.